SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Clint is back on the big screen!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clint is back on the big screen! Login/Join 
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Not that Im complaining, but wasnt “The Mule” suppose to be his last on screen role? Happy to see thats not the case. Im a big fan of Dwight Yoakam as well, looking foward to this.

There were some that predicted that after Gran Torino as well, I'm also glad to see that wasn't the case.

Posts: 6346 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
How much money a film grosses during its first week in the theaters is a measure of success, I guess. And, for that reason alone, I feel somewhat compelled to actually, *a-hem* go to the theater to see it. But, I just so hate the experience of going to the theater and having to deal with inconsiderate assholes who talk during the movie, etc.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will have to see! He’s a legend. One of the last great actors.

Posts: 418 | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s been released on HBO.

Posts: 418 | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We watched it last night on HBO. I didn’t care for it. Not one I will watch again. Time for Clint to hang up his spurs.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t terrible but Clint is too old to be charming the ladies and breaking wild horses. He can barely move. Still Clint though and that is something.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Started watching it but just did not like it. There was something about the acting that was off. I too think it is time for Clint to hang it up. He has had a phenomenal career.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched it Friday night. It was ok and we will support anything that Clint does but he did look pretty feeble. Kinda sad actually. But he has had a great career……

Posts: 1222 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
After The Mule I’m a little apprehensive about watching new Clint Eastwood movies. After reading this I think I’ll pass on the new one.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I just turned 70.
Any chance I get now to see a 90year old Kick ass, Get hit on by one HOT women and another decent MILF, Bust a wild horse that Mexican owners could not, and drive an old Suburban like a NASCAR veteran, is going to be in my take a look at list.
The movie was weak but Clint made it worthwhile.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have been titled "Cry Uncle".

Posts: 1402 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
The direction was so-so, but Eastwood's acting and even decision to play this role was sub-par. He's simply not credible and it was more sad than interesting to watch his feeble approach to portray a character that should have been twenty or more years younger. It seems like Clint's doing all he can to sell his product, so that his dependents will properly cared for upon his demise. I'm glad I watched this on HBO Plus, instead of paying for it in the local theater.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The story was not good. The acting and dialogue was terrible. Questionable directing as well. I think it was a film to keep him busy during the pandemic. Had a couple of good points. But overall felt like a B movie and I don’t mean a rating.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Cry Macho felt more like a parody of a contemporary Clint Eastwood movie to me. There's a lot of way familiar themes and motifs. The storytelling is light—at times I was wishing for something more meaty. The acting is serviceable. It ends up being an ice cream cone—it's all pleasant and then melts away in five minutes.

What won me over is getting to watch a modern film made for grown-ups, for once. How refreshing! It wasn't a director, cinematographer, and editor all amped-up on Red Bull making choppy, talky, wobbly, orange-teal movies for yoots also amped-up on Red Bull. This is the kind of film you could show your parents and grandparents, and they would get it. I can overlook storytelling flaws for filmmaking of this level of maturity.

And, I mean, Clint Eastwood, man. The dude is 91, but still mobile and active and sharp. Is that really the same guy who played the fighter pilot from Tarantula! and the lab tech from Revenge of the Creature back in '55?! Give it up for the guy!

quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Didn't he make a 'traveling' movie like that before?

The Mule? Thunderbolt & Lightfoot?

The Gauntlet?

Every Which Way But Loose?

Bronco Billy?

Honkytonk Man?

Pink Cadillac?

A Perfect World?

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Looking at that trailer, his latest film has some of the same themes as Gran Torino.

Very much so, including using non-actors. Yoakum was just awful, really painful to watch. As was the kid although he sort of grew on me.

The first third of the movie will challenge your resolve to stay to the end, but if you can endure that, the rest of the movie gets better. A movie I won’t watch again, but…Clint Cool

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post