SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Cormac McCarthy writing a screenplay for Blood Meridian
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cormac McCarthy writing a screenplay for Blood Meridian Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted
Link

If he's involved a movie may, finally, get done. I'm sure if it does happen he will make sure it's done right.

I won't hold my breath though. Hollywood may still be too chickenshit to green light a true adaptation.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belwolf:
Link

If he's involved a movie may, finally, get done. I'm sure if it does happen he will make sure it's done right.

I won't hold my breath though. Hollywood may still be too chickenshit to green light a true adaptation.

Well, The Road was very well done and followed the book almost 100%

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you read Blood Merdian? It's indescribably brutal, makes The Road look like The Sunshine Boys.

I can't see it making it to the screen in anything close to its book form.

Blood Meridian

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have you read Blood Merdian? It's indescribably brutal, makes The Road look like The Sunshine Boys.

I can't see it making it to the screen in anything close to its book form.

Blood Meridian

Nor I

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Also, because so much of the book is narration, with relatively little dialogue, I don't see how it could translate to a comprehensible form on the screen. Many books, essays and articles have been written in attempts to interpret and explain the prose of the book and its characters. Taking an average member of the viewing public, who has not read or is even familiar with Blood Meridian, and getting the point across in a two hour film- I can see the film being panned.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post