New
Find
Notify
Tools

,8,1 Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Wasn't that to send something to my Commodore64 hard drive?

(The NCIS thread reminded me, but I didn't want to hijack any farther.)

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I was never able to convince my parents to get me the 64. But MAN…the stuff I used to be able to create on my Vic20…I never got a disk drive, everything was done on cassette tapes. Had a number of game cartridges, GORF was my favorite.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I think to save to datasette you typed

Save"kingtutstomb",1,2

Or something.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
IIRC. Load “* or whatever”,8,1 meant to load whatever from the primary drive into memory. I think 8 was the primary drive and 1 meant into memory.

But it’s been a hot minute Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
A friend had a 2nd drive and you used ,9 for it.

I only had the one drive.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
You had a hard drive!? Whooaaaah. My brother had a C64. I'd program some shit all morning, and if the power got turned off, it was gone. Frown

64k couldn't hold this whole post.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
You had a hard drive!? Whooaaaah. My brother had a C64. I'd program some shit all morning, and if the power got turned off, it was gone. Frown

64k couldn't hold this whole post.

oh gosh no, I dont even think those existed for the 64. I meant a 2nd disk drive, the old 1541. I was so envious, I only had one and had to use a B&W tv (no super cool color monitor for me) Smile

We would dial out to a Bulletin Board and you could post software to 'trade' and then make a direct connection to their modem and they could upload your disk and we could download from theirs (once they traded it out). Mostly we wrote programs in basic to swap and such.

Those were the days of adventure and joy with computers.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The C64 hard drive was nearly if not as large as the C64 itself.

Yeah I did have the tape drive for my Vic20 first.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post