SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Batman (2021)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Batman (2021) Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Saw the new trailer, doesn't looking very interesting. I think I'm going to pass on this one unless the reviews all come in very good.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
He's just so skinny!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
He's just so skinny!

THIS!!! He just doesn’t cut an imposing figure. Looks more Batman Beyond then Bruce Wayne Batman. Come to think of it dude might actually make a great kid from Batman Beyond (I don’t remember the character name).

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hmm.

I mean. Michael Keaton isn't an imposing sort either. More like a snarky east coaster or something, oooh, scary.

The sparkly vampire was good in The Lighthouse. This one is questionable, though.

I'll watch this on some steaming service for free-ish, later

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
He's just so skinny!

THIS!!! He just doesn’t cut an imposing figure. Looks more Batman Beyond then Bruce Wayne Batman. Come to think of it dude might actually make a great kid from Batman Beyond (I don’t remember the character name).

Terry McGinnis

I’ve wanted a live action Batman Beyond movie for a long time. Either Keaton as old man Bruce or the voice actor Kevin Conroy.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is Superman dead - or alive?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I think it looks good. Robert is an excellent actor so he will carry it one way or the other Zoe is hot. And Reeves has been doing very well with the Planet of the Apes films which were much much better than I could have expected.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you liked him in those, you should check him out in The Devil All The Time.[/QUOTE]

Watched that the other night…talk about a dark flick. You never know if you should feel empathy for the characters in their plight or wonder if they’re getting what they deserve. Some solid acting all around and Pattinson was creepy from the introduction of his character.

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After watching the trailer, it seems like it’s just a younger and much angrier Dark Knight. Bale was angry, Affleck was angrier, and now this guy even more so. Based on the trend, the next Batman is just going to straight up kill criminals.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Or he’ll be Mr. Furious from Mystery Men.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only seen one movie from the Marvel studios. Not really a fan of super hero movies. I'm a big fan of Michael Caine who played Alfred in "The Dark Knight" Batman movie. So I did see that one. Michael Caine was great in that film. I liked it. It's the only super hero movie I have seen.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Colin Farrell as the Penguin:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
If you want to see a movie that I thought Robert Pattinson was excellent in, check out The Rover:

It's set in an Australia maybe 10-15 years after the world's economies collapse. The way things are going there it may be much sooner.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post