SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Boys - Amazon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Boys - Amazon Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Getting ready to check this out. Interesting angle. Looks at collateral damage super heros cause; arrogance; and the wake left in their path.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. Cinematography looks great, as long as it's not a crap show it should if nothing else be visually entertaining with lots of bass and explosions for surround sound.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tcrNsIaQkb4

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I’ll give it a shot. I usually enjoy Karl Urban’s projects.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Having watched the first episode, I have to admit I got angry at the arrogance of the supers. It’ll be interesting to follow this story to its conclusion.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'm two episodes in and am enjoying it. I like how supers are portrayed in a different light.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I am on episode 4. I kept thinking Homelander looked familiar to me but I couldn't place him. And then he did a little smirk.... Antony Starr, the Sheriff for the series "Banshee".

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
They had me at "Elisabeth Shue".

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

I started watching today because there's nothing else. I like the twist.

I was going to ask what role is she playing then I remembered what she looked like. She's like the head of vought corporation

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

I started watching today because there's nothing else. I like the twist.

I was going to ask what role is she playing then I remembered what she looked like. She's like the head of vought corporation

The face, the head is up on floor 82. Wink

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I like it. A "fun" look (though I suppose not really all that original) at the superhero genre.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for Season 2?

Posts: 16172 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm watching it. I'm about four episodes in. I'm not binge-watching, so it hasn't grabbed me by the neck, but yeah, it's a novel twist on the super-hero-as-good-guy trope.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I also laughed at Homelander explaining the realities of physics to Queen Maeve on the airliner.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
I am on episode 4. I kept thinking Homelander looked familiar to me but I couldn't place him. And then he did a little smirk.... Antony Starr, the Sheriff for the series "Banshee".

I thought he was familiar, well son of a bitch.
I loved Banshee but without the beard and with the blonde hair I didn't catch it. Eek

Through 3 episodes and funny now how we are rooting for the good-guys Super Heroes to get squashed. Smile

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Through 3 episodes and funny now how we are rooting for the good-guys Super Heroes to get squashed.

They don't seem all that heroic at all, murdering people, accidentally killing bystanders and not giving a shit, perverted behavior, etc. So its easy to root against them, they aren't heroes at all, just frauds and assholes.

I am enjoying it so far

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Spice Girls pep talk. AWESOME!!

I am enjoying far more then I thought I would.

It’s quirky as hell with quirky characters and I dig it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am enjoying far more then I thought I would. It’s quirky as hell with quirky characters and I dig it.

Well said - it's very entertaining, I gave it 1 episode at a time and haven't been disappointed - the choice of actors carry the day, specifically Karl Urban and the rest of his crew.

I hope they do a Season 2.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
“You’re like the Rainman of fucking people over.” HA!!!!

The music is very well chosen as well. Not overbearing but really adds to the show/story telling.

Also Black Noir is Snake Eyes undercover. That is all.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the hell out of Season 1 of The Boys. I was pleasantly surprised, after recently being disappointed by the mediocre first season of Umbrella Academy, a similar "flawed superhero" series.

Posts: 32400 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just finished the season, also. I was pleased with the way it ended and am looking forward to seeing more.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After watching the series, it made me think that Anthony Starr could replace Pine for Kirk if he doesnt come back .

Posts: 809 | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:

They had me at "Karl Urban." Big Grin

We're also really enjoying the show, too. The guy who plays Frenchie is great. I think the weak link is Jack Quaid, the guy who plays Hughie. He's just not a good actor, IMO.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post