SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies about Israel recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies about Israel recommendations? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Just got through watching "Exodus". Anyone care to recommend anything in a similar vein?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Jesus of Nazareth?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
History Channel aired “The Bible” series. While not looking to debate specific accuracies based on the respective viewers denomination, I found the weekly series very enjoyable.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sword of Gideon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Recently saw “7 Days in Entebbe.” Probably not exactly what you meant by “about Israel,” but it does reflect (IMO) the country’s view on appropriate response to the aggression of others against Israel and its citizens.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Waltz with Bashir (2008)

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Woman Called Golda
Cast a Giant Shadow - w/ Kirk Douglas

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
More recently, "Munich," starring Christian Bale. True tale of the after-effects of the 1972 Munich massacre.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A while back I saw one about a group of former USAAC/USAF pilots that volunteered their skills in support of Israel after the end of WWII. Unfortunately I don't recall the name of it.

Also, Netflix has one now called The Angel, about an Egyptian who passed information about Arab plans for the Yom Kippur war to Israel.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Just got through watching "Exodus". Anyone care to recommend anything in a similar vein?

I think you've already seen the best one by watching 'Exodus'. A lot of people either forgot or never knew how Israel became a nation. This movie does that brilliantly.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
More recently, "Munich," starring Christian Bale. True tale of the after-effects of the 1972 Munich massacre.

FWIW: A few years ago I met one of the German police officers involved in that fiasco. He's still extremely bitter about how that incident was handled by his "superiors". From a complete lack of tactical training to extremely poor management, much was learned to better deal with future incidents but at too great a cost. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The Entebbe movie with Charles Bronson from the 70s.

May not be what you are looking for but tells the true military hero story about Netanyahu's brother. (I won't spoil it).

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

Wasn't it Eric Banna?

Anyhow, wildcard suggestion

"Above and Beyond" a documentary that is available on Amazon Prime right now.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Entebbe

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
The Life of Brian....

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Zero Motivation (2014)

Fill the Void (2013)

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Anyhow, wildcard suggestion

"Above and Beyond" a documentary that is available on Amazon Prime right now.

THAT'S the one I was thinking of!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2...ummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Posts: 7266 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Above and Beyond was fascinating. Still kinda surprises me how the US was so reluctant to help.

I've also seen the older "Raid on Entebbe", "Cast a Giant Shadow" and (I think)"Sword of Gideon". I'll try to hunt down "Munich".

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There's an interesting British miniseries called "The Promise" that aired several years ago. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...mise_(2011_TV_serial)

It's a fictional story of a modern British girl who travels to Israel to track down info on her grandfather, who was a British Para during the British withdrawal from Palestine and the following founding of Israel.

It bounces back and forth between her modern day travels in Israel, and her grandfather's service in Israel immediately prior to independence in 1948.

It's an interesting look at the British experience in 1948, which is something that's often overlooked. And it gives some insight into the early history of Israel too.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A decent movie with a stellar cast, The Debt, stars Helen Mirren and Jessica Chastain (as the young Mirren character). Mossad agents trying to capture and bring to justice a Megele-type Nazi doctor.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post