SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I never watched Lost
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I never watched Lost Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Lost is the fictional equivalent to The Curse of Oak Island.

This guy gets it.

Wait, I thought Curse of Oak Island was fiction!!

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Rosebud; that was the name of the sled.

They were stuck in Limbo, as they hadn’t moved on to the next stage of their “existence”.

There ya go; now you’re caught up.

I think that is why the ending sent me into so much disappointment. I really really loved the whole DHARMA Initiative story line, it was my favorite part. bring scientist from around the world to study this phenomenon. I loved it.

but no, we got Bob Newhart having a dream.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
They were stuck in Limbo, as they hadn’t moved on to the next stage of their “existence”.

There ya go; now you’re caught up.

That's usually the first theory that people come up with. Unfortunately such a simple answer doesn't work. Some of the Losties managed to get off the Island and return to civilization. I doubt if the entire Limbo (or some say Purgatory) was filled with a world full of people who weren't in a plane crash and were living ordinary lives.

The true answer has to include alternate time-lines, but even that doesn't explain all the logical inconsistencies. I'm not sure there is a true answer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
These are the final credits of the very last episode of the series. The producers intentionally showed the beach with all the plane wreckage to prove that the events on the Island happened for real, and once-and-for-all squash theories about Purgatory/Limbo or that it was all a dream or someone's imagination.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My neighbors were all about this series when it originally aired. I went over and watched a few episodes but never had time to watch the whole thing with them but what I watched was decent.
Then one night I heard a bunch of yelling coming from the neighbor’s house (which was very unusual) I went over to check on them.
They’d just watched the series finale and were pissed it was so crappy.

So I have never bother to watch it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My now-wife and I used to binge watch it when we first started dating, Summer of 2007. We'd go down to Blockbuster and rent some DVDs. We could not stop watching it...just 1 more episode...Next thing you know it's 1:45 AM and we both have to work the next day! UGH! Great times!

We really enjoyed the first several seasons. It got to a point in season 5 or so that it was so dumb we stopped watching it. We never saw the final season, but the first 4 or so seasons were totally worth it.

My vote is to watch it. You'll "know" when to stop, about season 5 or so.

My 2 boys are 10 & 11 now. I may have to introduce them to it, I bet they'd like it.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Our son just finished it and conned my wife into watching it. Which means I’m watching it. When it was originally on I didn’t have time to watch it. We are now 6 episodes into it and so far it’s entertaining. My son really enjoyed it but then again he really like Game of Thrones and it’s ending.

Hope I don’t regret it. That’s a lot of episodes.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife and her family were Lost-aholics

She tried to get me to watch it but it just never had any appeal to me.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm six episodes into season 2 now and I agree, there are both up and down moments. Some downright boring scenes at times. Interesting ideas though overall so far. As scot said, there are a LOT of episodes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never watched Lost

Well, neither have I, so …

In fact, there are quite a few TV shows and movies I've never seen, or at most just a single episode.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Well into season 5 and still interested, though still seeing the ups and downs of various episodes.

It's surprising they were able to keep it watchable for so long. I have to give credit to the writers, though based on some your thoughts, they must be grasping at the end.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
At the beginning of the sixth and final season, the writers explained how the first 5 seasons were building the mysteries, and now it's time to start explaining and wrapping things up, a vow that fell markedly short. Yet I still enjoyed season 6, especially when the samurai showed up.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I finished Lost last night.

I'm glad I watched it and I honestly thought the ending was appropriate, though I agree it leaves lots of questions and confusion. As kkina said, it's a good emotional ending, but not really a logical one. Even with this, I don't feel the need to be upset or wonder too much. Overall it was entertaining and allowed me to escape for quite a few hours.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This is a pretty good recap of the series, from the perspective of a decade after the show ended. It's long, but maybe you'll find some of your questions answered.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife has attempted to get me into it several times but it never appealed to me then and still does not. It’s my understanding that they strung viewers along for years on bullshit that never went anywhere and the ending was a big letdown to many people.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks kkina. I watched a bit of that and plan to continue. I need some clarification.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nope, never watched either.
Never even tried.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I notice that most of these shows try to attract female (not always) viewers by creating a “social” or emotional interaction aspect amongst the action scenes.

Or maybe it is that they insert gratuitous action scenes into the soap opera?

Depends on your point of view. To attract popular audiences of both genders, they put both into the script, often in weird juxtaposition.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post