SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (Vinyl)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (Vinyl) Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted
so this is my first attempt. I know I am a noob, with a plain TT. but hey I had fun.

Led Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks (very first play after purchase. Your hearing it at the same time I am Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redstone,

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
THANKS Brother!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
What's that voice at 0:48?

Wait, there's more in the background.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

Oh frick me. That is my kid. I didnt turn off the video audio track. ah geez. I fixed it, re-rendered it and uploaded it back to youtube.

Well that was embarrassing . .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redstone,

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds much better on vinyl than a cd, doesn't it? When I got my turntable set up, that was the first album I grabbed to play. Mine used to be my mom's album so 50 years old? Glad you are enjoying your turntable and the musical experience.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the best!!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Thank you!
Great way to start the day.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Love all the echo from them recording in that house...

Probably my favorite band at the moment. Sat in the den one Saturday with my younger daughter and we played through the entire boxed set of all their studio albums (while reading books and such).

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
How is this new vinyl produced? Pressed from original masters made in the 70s?

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Sounds much better on vinyl than a cd, doesn't it? When I got my turntable set up, that was the first album I grabbed to play. Mine used to be my mom's album so 50 years old? Glad you are enjoying your turntable and the musical experience.

Remember the first CDs editions back in the 80’s when the debate was fresh and raging. The earlier CD pressings of Zeppelin CD were more tape hiss than music. I was pretty pissed about it.

Bought the box years later. If i’m not mistaken, the complete box was an album short. Maybe i’m mistaken with the Pink Floyd box that was surely incomplete.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I got into vinyl, it took me 5-6 "clean" vintage used copies of Zeppelin IV to get one that actually played as clean as it looked. The others were an easy sell as the album is so popular. I've got a current repressing around here somewhere too.

My old Beagle would sit there on the floor and listen to this when I played it. If memory serves, he also seemed to like the album Are You Experienced.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
How is this new vinyl produced? Pressed from original masters made in the 70s?

No, it was 'remastered' by Jimmie Page reportedly. So that would require a new master plate be created.
The disc is also very heavy at 180 grams. some report having trouble with it skipping. But mine seems fine thus far.

posted Hide Post
0-0, I do remember the older CD having noise on it. Though, most of my Zeppelin was on cassette with the exception of the box set. The box set that I have has all the songs mixed up from the original albums and I don't remember if it is missing any or not.

Jimmy Page has been adamant about having a hand in the remastering and re-releasing of Led Zeppelin albums. He wants to be sure it is of quality. However, the skipping on new vinyl is not in his hands but the company doing the pressing.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the drift, but check out this version...

The head coach of my son's youth football team (9 & 10) made a video of them running his favorite play, The Wedge, set to When the Levee Breaks. The best part of The Wedge...running it right up the middle, and down your throat. Eek

Crying won't help you...
And praying won't do you no good...
(Against The Wedge)

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
0-0, I do remember the older CD having noise on it. Though, most of my Zeppelin was on cassette with the exception of the box set. The box set that I have has all the songs mixed up from the original albums and I don't remember if it is missing any or not.

The Box I am referring to is the Complete Studio Recordings. The missing, or not, album is The Song Remains the Same. A live album that would have completed the full discography at the time.

The other box an album short was Pink Floyd´s Shine On. it included A momentary lapse of reason but skipped The Final Cut.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

Oh frick me. That is my kid. I didnt turn off the video audio track. ah geez. I fixed it, re-rendered it and uploaded it back to youtube.

Well that was embarrassing . .
Big Grin I thought it was in the recording that I just never heard or noticed before.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I zone out and get a heavy foot if I listen to that song while driving.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's my favorite Led Zeppelin song.

If I remember correctly, Fox News would play the drums and harmonica intro to this song as they were going to commercial breaks during their coverage of the flooding during and after Hurricane Katrina. They may have played some of the opening lyrics as well, but as I age my memory plays tricks on me. Does anyone else remember this or is it a figment of my imagination?

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
John Bonham at his best.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite songs, by my favorite band.

I love the Might Zep.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post