SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I’d like to know if the $7MM counts towards the cost cap in the year it’s paid. That would be significant.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12388 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I’d like to know if the $7MM counts towards the cost cap in the year it’s paid. That would be significant.

Unlikely, that would make the punishment even more harsh.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15236 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

No, it’s a fine, like any other monetary penalty.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bit of a snoozer of a race. A couple scraps, but mostly a procession.

Posts: 15236 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Yeah, I wished Mercedes had gotten the right tires on. Would have been fun to see the four of them racing to the end.

I think the camera placement around the track had some of the best views of the season. But yeah, not a lot of car to car racing.

Also, what was the talk about Ferrari nerfing their engine so they would make it the whole race?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3586 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Ferrari were definitely off the pace, shown on Saturday by being split by the Alfa in quali.

Ricciardo showed that the late switch to the softs [which Russell wanted] paid off. He was able to negate the 10sec penalty for torpedoing Tsunoda.

Bummer for Alonso, to come on the radio about how well it was going, then have the engine let go.

Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
And Russel had called for Softs as well. I was surprised they then put the hard tires on.

the two stop versus one stop game was played pretty nicely. No one expected that RBR would do one stop starting on softs and then switching to mediums. But somehow they nursed them to the end. The hards actually seemed to fall off towards the end.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3586 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
The hards actually seemed to fall off towards the end.

Do you think the hards fell off? Or that the mediums did not fall off?

At lap 50 I was saying to myself, "OK, Red Bull is going to have to box for new tires."

At lap 55 I was saying, "Wow, they are going to push those mediums to the end?!?"

At lap 60 I was saying. "Ok, any second now Lew starts catching Max and George starts catching Sergio. We are going to have a race!"

I am still stunned they made those medium tires last that long, and run that well for that long.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Hamilton even radio'd in saying "those mediums are looking mighty fast"

And then later, "we chose the wrong tires mate"

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Absolutely. A yawn. MB guessed wrong about tires.

I do like Alonso - I wish he had a better car, he can still race.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53119 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see how he does in the Aston, and what the team can give him, next year.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Awesome qualy… Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Fuck yeah, Kevin!

Posts: 4147 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Rain + Red Flag lucky
Looked like GR wanted them to push him, but that MB was buried at the rear. Rough ride through the gravel, too.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rain + Red Flag lucky
Looked like GR wanted them to push him, but that MB was buried at the rear. Rough ride through the gravel, too.

Merit.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Earned, no doubt. Perfectly timed for the conditions.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gunther Steiner:

“I think it was not luck; it was well deserved from the driver, from the team being on the same tyre, on the right tyres at the right time, Kevin putting the lap time when it was needed. You need to go out there, he was first out, you can say, ‘Yeah he had the advantage’.

“But the disadvantage – he had nobody to gauge with, he was on his own. He put a lap down and it stuck. Basically, when it rains soup, you need to have a spoon, and we had the spoon ready today.”

Smile

~Robert A. Heinlein

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Great sprint race today and excellent job by George.
Hope it's a sign of what tomorrow will look like but somehow I doubt that.
Alpine and Aston need have a bit of a sit-down between the drivers as they both lost a lot of positions due to overaggressive driving. Stroll in particular needs to get a slap down from the officials since he's done this a few other times recently.

Posts: 9488 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I’d like to know what idiot thought that Max needed medium tires for a SPRINT race. Kinda of sad KMag barely ended up with points, and I wonder what Alonso would do with Stroll next year. I’m also wondering what Alonso’s going to Ocon after this race.

Posts: 4147 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think that they may have been running Max on those as a test for tomorrow. They will start with more fuel weight and intending to go longer.
Haas was hoping for a top 8 finish before the race started so that wasn’t that bad. The car just doesn’t have the raw pace of the front runners.
That move by Stroll should add to his penalty points. If not, I’m not sure what it takes to endanger someone much more besides a deliberate brake check.

Posts: 9488 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post