SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The article states that they wanted to keep Claire onboard, but she is leaving by her own will (whether that's corporate nice-speak, who knows).

Hopefully the team doesn't morph into something new completely.

Wondering if the family kept a minority stake in the team or sold outright.

If the new owners wanted her to stay wouldn't they have written it into the contract?

I believe it was that they gave her the choice to stay & she decided to go.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^^
That's just PR talk to save face.
They want her out of there ASAP.
I have no idea if the new owners can right the ship but she was sailing straight towards the iceberg and had no idea how to correct course.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Both Mercedes are basically 0.8s faster than the next closest car. Gonna make for another snoozer of a race I suspect.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
My main interest is seeing if the McLaren (Sainz) and/or Racing Point (Perez)can hold off the Red Bull. Also looking forward to how the wily Ricardo will do during the race. (can you tell I'm really looking forward to Daniel in the Mac next year)

This has to be one of the most interesting starting grids this year

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed, definitely looking forward to Danny Ric in a McMerc next year.

The McRenault has gotten quite good & should be a step up with MB power.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Question about qualifying at Monza today.
Q3 starts with Bottas out first giving Lew Lew a tow. Hammy sets the early pace. The announcers said Bottas will get the tow at the end, it's "his turn". FF to the end, another tow for Hammy, pole. Did I hear wrong or what? It's altogether possible I wasn't paying very close attention, did Hamilton get tows early AND late?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Who knows what goes on on the pit wall, wrt lap departure order.
I was a bit shocked to see the track record broken on the medium tires in Q2.

Pretty insane to cover 3.6 miles in 78 seconds.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Question about qualifying at Monza today.
Q3 starts with Bottas out first giving Lew Lew a tow. Hammy sets the early pace. The announcers said Bottas will get the tow at the end, it's "his turn". FF to the end, another tow for Hammy, pole. Did I hear wrong or what? It's altogether possible I wasn't paying very close attention, did Hamilton get tows early AND late?

I think you heard it right. That's my recollection too.
They didn't seem to worry much about the tow. Close enough to help on the straights would seem to hurt in the corners, in spite of what the announcers said.

P250UA5.
I think the mediums were the tire for the temperature conditions at the time.

Some people mentioned that the party mode ban hadn't done the job. I don't think we'll know until after the race.
If Mercedes, or anyone else, turned it up high enough to help and it effects long term engine life, then the pay back will show later. They could turn it up for qualifying but instruct the drivers to drive to a number in race conditions that saves the engines but slows performance. Only time will tell.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Poor Louie.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Heck of a race - no spoilers but definitely should watch.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
Poor Louie.

Not sorry for him at all. He’ll still win drivers championship with races to spare.

To be fair, it was just a mistake, and the team may be as much to blame for not calling him off (if it was even possible), but it was a valid penalty.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Good race,

kinda stinks up the show when the same guy wins over and over and over and over and again.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I’d be good with 10 second stop and go penalties for Chinstrap every race here on out. A lot better race when the outcome isn’t guaranteed.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to pitstops, it seemed wrong that Sainz and Norris were several places down on the restart. As such, I'm thinking Sainz ate up a lot of tire trying to work his way back up. Must be a rule about a standing start after a red flag, no? It didn't seem right.

Stroll bumbled early after the restart, losing places, then missing the chicane. How did he not have to give up positions after that, a lot of cars bunched up right behind him. Surely he gained an advantage.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Stroll is bad, even with a top car he can't win. He should have won that race. I dislike him more than Hamilton. Sad to see the Williams family go, but seemed like a good time for it to happen.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Exciting second half. Looked like a snoozer until Magnusson's car started the festivities.
The only part that seemed really unfair was Stroll getting a free pit stop. Norris nailed it with his description.
I didn't quite understand why Red Bull seemed to struggle so much when the budget team ran so well.
In spite of Mercedes saying the engine mode freeze didn't change anything, I would disagree and I think it will show more after more races.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Dammit! Best race of the season and it didn’t record

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stroll hadn’t stopped yet for his first pit stop at the time the race was red flagged, so his position near the front was solely due to others losing positions during their stops. Apparently the rules say that, among other things, they can change tires during the red flag, so he got a completely free pit stop without losing any positions.

Had he stopped previously, like everyone else, he would have been farther down the order at the restart. He was just very lucky with the timing of the red flag. Maybe they’ll look at the rule for the future, but many times when they get a safety car, it helps some and hurts others, so it’s all part of the game.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thought it was funny that Hammy started the whole knee taking thing, shamed anybody who didn't play along, and then he was nowhere to be found.

I guess the dumb shit didn't think he'd have to do it every time. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That race was actually a fun race to watch.....as it turned out. The Ferraris should have just stayed in the garage!!1 What a dismal year they are having. Kimi was ready to race, but just didn't have enough car to do it.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post