SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Got to feel sorry for Ocon. Hope he can take advantage of the opportunity tomorrow.
Looks like Stroll Jr. will be booting him out of his ride soon, maybe as soon as the next race.
Nice to see Hamilton and Vettel giving him a good recommendation.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Wasn't a big fan of the halo. Dayyumn! Yeah, Looks like it worked brilliantly this morning.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alonso just can't win. Not only is the car shit, today he gets run into.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haas boss Steiner and his team's owner Gene Haas are seeking a better understanding of why the new Force India outfit has been allowed to earn Column 1 prize money immediately, while it had to wait two years before it could qualify.

F1's commercial rights deals normally require new outfits to finish in the top 10 of the constructors' championship for two season
s before they can qualify for such income.

We are talking millions here.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/n...-f1force-india-talks

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Spa sure is a scenic track. My wife and I are planning a trip to Continental Europe and talking about attending a GP, either next year, or the following year. Have any of you been to a European GP?

I assume Bottas was Driver of the Day. He drove beautifully.

Ferraris look very fast and, if I’m not mistaken, Monza is (or at least was) fastest of all.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Spa sure is a scenic track. My wife and I are planning a trip to Continental Europe and talking about attending a GP, either next year, or the following year. Have any of you been to a European GP?

I assume Bottas was Driver of the Day. He drove beautifully.

Ferraris look very fast and, if I’m not mistaken, Monza is (or at least was) fastest of all.

Spa is definitely on my short list of track to visit for a GP. Monaco is first, though.

Vettel got DoD Confused
Agree Bottas didn't put a foot wrong outside lap 1 & made a miracle run through the field.

I expect Monza to be similar, results-wise to Spa. Huge horsepower track.

Force India already in 9th overall after today.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
...Vettel got DoD Confused

He drove a perfect race, so why not? I know DoD usually goes to a come-back drive such as Bottas today, but in my opinion, usually the winner is the one who drives the best race.

Vettel is my favorite, I'll admit that freely, but his move on Hamilton was perfectly-timed and -executed. He led every lap, and for once, the Ferrari pit got everything right as well. Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I was impressed by the control shown by all four in the first lap change for the lead.
Special mention to Ocon and Perez for not just going for it with no regard to the others. A year or two ago that probably would have been a big crash and that shows how much both have matured since.
The slow motion replays showed all had wheels within inches of each other at over 200 but no contact.
Not a lot of action after that, mostly a strategic race.
I feel sorry for Kimi and Riccardo. Kimi's race problems started yesterday when the team didn't fuel him for enough laps. Riccardo appeared to get bumped from behind damaging the rear wing badly and the shove put him into kimi's rear tire.
Spa is such a great historic track both from a racing standpoint and also because of the Battle of the Bulge location. Beautiful place.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
...I feel sorry for Kimi and Riccardo. Kimi's race problems started yesterday when the team didn't fuel him for enough laps...

When Enzo was in charge, that sort of occurrence was a clue to the driver to begin a job hunt, and I've noticed a few incidents in the same vein lately.

I like Kimi, he's done a good job with the tools available. When the car is good, he's good, and when the car is not good, or the team is not good, he still works hard. I hope the incidents are just that, and not Arrivabene dropping hints.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
...I feel sorry for Kimi and Riccardo. Kimi's race problems started yesterday when the team didn't fuel him for enough laps...

When Enzo was in charge, that sort of occurrence was a clue to the driver to begin a job hunt, and I've noticed a few incidents in the same vein lately.
Y
I like Kimi, he's done a good job with the tools available. When the car is good, he's good, and when the car is not good, or the team is not good, he still works hard. I hope the incidents are just that, and not Arrivabene dropping hints.

I think times have changed a lot since then, due to the money if nothing else. They lost a lot of manufacturer points today from that mistake.
They could have had a first and second and helped Vettel close the gap more too.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Glad Vettel won but a total snooze fest. The announcers threw in the towel something over half way.

Unimportant I suppose but the strangest thing I've seen in some time, Hamilton in the holding room before the top three head up for the podium festivities. With his back to the camera, he's digging at his rear end and it went on and on and on. Extremely uncomfortable and embarrassing to watch, no one says a thing but talk about an elephant in the room, jeez. Gotta be more than prickly heat, not a lot of hands being shaken.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
...With his back to the camera, he's digging at his rear end and it went on and on and on...

Yeah, that got my attention, too. Not the behavior I expect from a top-tier F-1 driver, but society is changing, leaving us behind (pun intended!).

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
...With his back to the camera, he's digging at his rear end and it went on and on and on...

Yeah, that got my attention, too. Not the behavior I expect from a top-tier F-1 driver, but society is changing, leaving us behind (pun intended!).

We're assuming this was somehow inadvertent, and he wasn't aware of precisely where the camera he was ignoring was?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was impressed by the control shown by all four in the first lap change for the lead.
Special mention to Ocon and Perez for not just going for it with no regard to the others. A year or two ago that probably would have been a big crash and that shows how much both have matured since.
The slow motion replays showed all had wheels within inches of each other at over 200 but no contact.
Not a lot of action after that, mostly a strategic race.
I feel sorry for Kimi and Riccardo. Kimi's race problems started yesterday when the team didn't fuel him for enough laps. Riccardo appeared to get bumped from behind damaging the rear wing badly and the shove put him into kimi's rear tire.
Spa is such a great historic track both from a racing standpoint and also because of the Battle of the Bulge location. Beautiful place.

Going 4-wide into Les Combes was a big Eek factor. Great driving by all 4.

Rumor-mill is saying:
Stroll to Force India
Ocon to McLaren
Vandoorne to Sauber
Kubica to Williams
Ericsson out of a drive

All for Monza

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I wondered why they did not switch to a different camera and come back after Hamilton finished.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
We're assuming this was somehow inadvertent, and he wasn't aware of precisely where the camera he was ignoring was?

No, that as a typical Millennial, he just didn't care. Acts as he damned-well pleases, any time he pleases, no regard for the sensitivities of others.

Sort of like the way Verstappen drives, but without the risk of fatal consequences.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Going 4-wide into Les Combes was a big Eek factor. Great driving by all 4.

Rumor-mill is saying:
Stroll to Force India
Ocon to McLaren
Vandoorne to Sauber
Kubica to Williams
Ericsson out of a drive

All for Monza[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Ocon to Sauber, up against LeClerc and so he doesn't get put out to pasture at McLaren.
I doubt Ericsson gets dropped as his backers are funding a lot of the team right now.
I'd be curious to see Kubica driving just to see if his comeback is for real but Williams really needs a lifeline from Mercedes to raise their game anytime soon.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hammy seemed to be in some distress, rather urgent in his actions. If so, surely there's a rest room convenient.

If these actions were some sort of statement, my opinions of Hammy are once again validated.

If so inclined, not sure how long this will be available --

https://streamable.com/2tkvp

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hammy seemed to be in some distress, rather urgent in his actions. If so, surely there's a rest room convenient.

If these actions were some sort of statement, my opinions of Hammy are once again validated.

If so inclined, not sure how long this will be available --

https://streamable.com/2tkvp

Methinks he pissed himself if you look at how he was trying to dry off - all along the midsection.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post