SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is your favorite Hitchcock film?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Hitchcock film? Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Vertigo

I've been watching a lot of Hitch's films lately and stumbled upon the fact that March 12th is Alfred Hitchcock Day. (For whatever that's worth.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Psycho is tied with The Birds.

I've actually been to the Tides restaurant in Bodega bay, where The Birds was filmed.

They've got memorabilia from the film all over the place.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Hard to pick one but if I had to I'd go with Saboteur.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I always really liked Lifeboat with Shadow of a Doubt a close second.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rear Window. Foreign Correspondent is second.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The Birds if only because I grew up only about 20 miles from Bodega, where the movie was filmed. I've yet to tour the church and schoolhouse, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
North by Northwest

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
North by Northwest

I’m with Jimbo! “North by Nothwest” is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vertigo

A bit of trivia: Norman Lloyd, an actor in Saboteur (1942), died last year at age 106.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Another vote for North by Northwest.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
The question is simply unfair! Like potato chips, can't have just one. Got to go with N X NW.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Rear Window, but you can’t go wrong with any of the movies that Hitchcock made with Bernard Herrmann.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Another N x NW fan

But two favorites are “Frenzy” & “Dial M for Murder”

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
You guys are putting more movies on my to-do list! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
North by Northwest with Vertigo a close second.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
You guys are putting more movies on my to-do list! Big Grin

He even made a comedy called “The Trouble With Harry.”

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NOCkid:
Vertigo

A bit of trivia: Norman Lloyd, an actor in Saboteur (1942), died last year at age 106.
Tippi Hedren and Kim Novak are still around; they're 92 and 89 years old. Here's a photo of them together from four years ago:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shame the ultimate Hitchcock blonde (Grace Kelly) is gone.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

I'd hit it. Big Grin

Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
To Catch a Thief
Rear Window

Posts: 2222 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post