SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is your favorite Hitchcock film?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite Hitchcock film? Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The 39 Steps

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Orguss, 20 miles from Bodega could be Santa Rosa, Petaluma, anywhere on that arc.
I grew up in Sebastopol, family home is still there, and my wife grew up in Santa Rosa (Rincon Valley).

Being so close to Bodega and Bodega Bay, I've always been amused by the geographical liberties Hitchcock took in the movie.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'd go with "Lifeboat". It has a certain purity and knowing the behind the scenes stuff makes it that much better.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I liked "Rope" for the innovation, but aesthetically, I liked Rear Window.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
To Catch a Thief
Rear Window

Those are my two favorites, also.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Lots mention "Rear Window", which is at the top of my list. A perfect Hitchcock film.

For me, the next perfect one is "The Lady Vanishes" made in 1938. I can watch it several times a year.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Strangers on a train". 1951.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Foreign Correspondent with Joel McRae

But others are good - just saw 39 Steps which was new to me.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed Rear Window so I guess that is my favorite. Where are ya'll watching Hitchcock movies, I've looked in the past on some streaming sites but haven't found very many?

I just caught most of The Birds recently and thought it was just ok.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
This would be a short list if the question was, Name a bad film Hitch made.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post