Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2023 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Rins is getting Marquez’s bike chassis for Argentina. He might be a rider to keep an eye on for a surprise performance this weekend. He has been fast at this track in the past.

Rins to get MM’s factory Repsol chassis

Factory team uses a different chassis per rider?
Rider preference, or team giving new stuff to #1 first?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15340 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Factory teams get all the new/ latest and greatest hardware.

Satellite teams generally but not always run the bike the factory teams had the previous year. This helps offset the enormous cost of MotoGP and the failure of Suzuki to secure a satellite team was a big factor in their exit. Yamaha may be next to quit I fear.

Sometimes factory teams stumble with development so the previous year bikes can be surprisingly competitive when the factory bikes take a step backwards. One recent example of this is the difficulty Bags & Ducati had with their new factory package and how they ended up reverting partially back to the previous years bike. Though this year Bags & Ducati seem to be on point with development.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had Rins & Mir backward, my mistake.

Posts: 15340 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Binder from 15th in the Sprint. He made up 12 places on the first lap. Incredible riding. Really stoked for him and KTM. Brad is a class act and deserves it. Rode like a mother fucker the last lap to hold off Bez. Marco was faster. Another lap and he would have got him.

My VR|46 guys had 4 of the top 6 positions in the race. Bez, Marini, Morbidelli, and Bagnaia. Valentino Rossi’s effort with the academy is truly stunning. Bring on the full length race tomorrow.

And very happy to see Franco at the front the whole race.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Don’t forget that the Honda beast has chewed up and spit out another great rider. Mir is probably not riding today because of it.

Gonna be tough for either Japanese bike to compete with the Euro bikes.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Bez does it! VR|46 lives, first win for Valentino as team owner. Master class race by Bez. Massive win, huge gap to 2nd. Annihilation! Great ride by Zarco as well. No where to 2nd. And Franco is showing like he’s coming back to the front again.

No idea what happened to Aprilia. This was their circuit and I guess the rain fucked them up sideways.

Bez leads the championship as well.

Ducati lock out the podium. HRC and Yamaha, who used to dominate this sport, are proper fucked.

Posts: 12643 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Setting up everything to race when you don’t have any healthy riders has to suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
That wasn't a gap to 2nd, that was a spanking.

Good to see FM back at the front, seemed like he'd been languishing at the back for quite a while now.

Miller put in a good defense in the closing laps.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s a race week!!

When in Texas… Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motogp.com/en/news...e-americas-gp/452200

quote:

Bastianini ruled out of the Americas GP

The Ducati rider is still recovering from a shoulder injury picked up in the opening round of the season

After completing a few laps at Misano with the Panigale V4S, the Ducati Lenovo Team rider underwent a further check-up in Forlì at Dr Porcellini's clinic, who confirmed that Bastianini will still need a few more weeks to fully recover from the right shoulder injury sustained in the Portuguese GP.

Enea will therefore continue his rehabilitation with the aim of returning to the track in Jerez and will be replaced in Texas by Michele Pirro.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bastianini ruled out of the Americas GP

The Ducati rider is still recovering from a shoulder injury picked up in the opening round of the season

After completing a few laps at Misano with the Panigale V4S, the Ducati Lenovo Team rider underwent a further check-up in Forlì at Dr Porcellini's clinic, who confirmed that Bastianini will still need a few more weeks to fully recover from the right shoulder injury sustained in the Portuguese GP.

Enea will therefore continue his rehabilitation with the aim of returning to the track in Jerez and will be replaced in Texas by Michele Pirro.

Seems so random when a team will field a replacement rider vs not.

Thanking on the F1 side, it's a rarity to not have both cars on track, as team points scored = major $$ implications at the end of the season.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Marquez is out too. Complications from the surgery/thumb/ligament. Rinse/repeat.

Watching FP1 at COTA live. Fabio is fast. Track has grip, but the ruts in the track (piss poor foundation) and some bumps. Rear wheel is coming off the ground coming out of turn 1. Almost MX style like last year. If rain hits this weekend, could be a catastrophe. This time of year in my home state, it can flood down. IIRC, 2013 was the first year and I don’t know how, but they’ve escaped the hard rains we get in the Spring for 10 years.

Anyways, Fabio looks fast, so does Alex Marquez and Pecco. Rins doing really well, as he always does here as well. Jack Miller rounding out the top 5 of consistency in the first session. People put in softs at the end which fucked up the real story so the finishing order is different but those are the 5. Pecco did not even bother with the softs and still finished 7th during the last 10-15 minutes of the session which was a quasi qualifying session for QP2.

Will be interesting what the riders have to say tonight about the track at the safety commission.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
How's it looking through the esses? IIRC that was a really bumpy issue & resulted in a penalty or 2 last year for the bike standing up & forcing them to shortcut T3 or 4.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pecco throws it away again. Miller was starting to come to the front, and he crashed out too. Congrats to Rins. Superb ride and Honda’s first win in 2 years. Happy to see Luca get on the podium. B2B VR|46 team success.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mad
My DVR [YTTV] recognizes that the race was today, but shows it due to record on the 22nd, wtf.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The tire pressure stuff is biting a lot of teams this season. Front ends are folding like laundry. I am certain that enforcement of the rules is catching a lot of teams that may have played fast and loose in the past.

Overall, a decent race. Nothing spectacular other than the amount of pressure Rins put on Pecco, which eventually pushed him into his mistake. I’m pretty sure Bastianini would be leading the points had MM93 not punted him back in Portimao.

Mav still hasn’t figured out how to launch his bike and it’s killing his career. The guy can ride the wheels off with a lighter fuel load at the end but races are typically won within the first 5 laps or so (barring a spectacular dismount at the front like today).

The Moto 2 race was absolutely amazing. Pedro Acosta and Tony Arbolino are gonna put on a helluva a show for the rest of the season barring any injuries. They’ve got some talent and Pedro just makes it look easy.

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Mad
My DVR [YTTV] recognizes that the race was today, but shows it due to record on the 22nd, wtf.

Hulu didn't record it for me either and I set it manually.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

FIM president Jorge Viegas believes Suzuki will return to MotoGP at some point following the Japanese manufacturer's exit from the series at the end of 2022.

Posts: 23470 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
at some point

Key takeaway there. I wouldn't bet on them returning in the next decade. Suzuki as a brand hasn't been focused on bikes in a long while. They're slow to make changes and when they do, they're already outdated

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
^^^^ there are few things on earth that I would like LOVE to see happen more than Suzuki returning to racing at the top level.

Unfortunately I don’t think it will happen. Suzuki corporate threw away one of the most competitive teams and best bikes in Grand Prix racing. You don’t just quit a team like that without repercussions.

Realistically it would take them years to rebuild a competitive team. Also consider, who the hell wants to invest time, energy, blood sweat and tears for a team that might quit again out of the blue. Would you sign on with a team like that?

The whole quitting thing is disgraceful and infuriating and it makes it pretty damn hard to get excited about the brand or its future. To be 100% honest I’m still quite angry about the whole thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~