SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Women Make Film on TCM.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women Make Film on TCM. Login/Join 
Banned
posted
I don't get it....big deal.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I am confused. Could you rephrase your title?

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's part of the big push by the leftists to ruin yet another American institution- Turner Classic Movies.

My TV usually just stays on TCM, bt these days, it's tuned elsewhere.

It's funny that all the young leftists at TCM think they're "educating" the old people (you know, the ones who've been here decades longer than they?)

If the role of women was so very significant in the craft of film making, you wouldn't have to keep telling us about it. The greatness and the significance of their contributions would be evident.

Fourteen weeks TCM is gonna run this shit. Jesus, that's three and a half months. Somebody's got a complex their therapist was never able to work through, I guess.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. I had never thought about women directing films. I can imagine what they are gonna come up with. I am so sick of agendas. I guess my TV will be on the Smithsonian channel a bit more.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feared TCM would go to the dogs when Robert Osborn died. And it has!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only female director I'm aware of was Ida Lupino, and that is for her television direction (which she did after her movie direction). I've seen some of her TV stuff and it was quite good. (Check out her "Twilight Zone" episode; I'm sure many here know it!) I've only seen one of the movies she did, "The Hitch-Hiker", and I didn't care for the way the two leads, who were being held hostage, reacted to their situation. I didn't buy it that they would act the way they did. She was both director and a screen play writer for it.

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As each day passes my decision to cancel cable is re-enforced by the garbage that TV has become.

I swear I quit watching TV when Roger Mudd and Robert Osborn retired.

I used to love TCM but like many have stated it is just another woke channel now.

Since we don't have cable the TV stays on PBS or antenna TV.

I am still trying to get the Heroes and Icon channel. When I do that will replace everything.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I don't get it....big deal.

I'm totally with you.

I get it!
Women made films.
Cool!
So did a lot of other people.
Some of those films were good, some weren't.

Next step, (like Para pointed out with the "education of old people") is "Women made great films, but said they weren't great because they were made by women"

Then it's "African Americans make film"...
Then "African Americans made great films, but said they weren't great because they were made by African Americans"

Then it's "LBGQRSTUV made films"
Then it's "LBGQRSTUV made great films, but said they weren't great because bla, bla, bla, bla,..."

Then it's "Insert next persecuted people/protected class here" made films....
The it's bla, bla, bla, bulshitty bla....

Lather
Rinse
Repeat

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
TCM used to be my TV sanctuary. Now, not so certain.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leni Riefenstahl?

Posts: 2543 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
Leni Riefenstahl?

One of the greatest film directors. "Triumph Of The Will" - 1935.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
If they play any of Kelly Reichardt's films, check them out (especially Wendy and Lucy, Meek's Cutoff, Night Moves, Certain Women). If you like her stuff, definitely rent First Cow from Amazon (Toby Jones as a heavy).

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post