SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A little Gilmour'ish indulgence.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little Gilmour'ish indulgence. Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
Every year my company hosts a "Battle of the Bands" for employees. All band members must be company employees. I didn't know these guys until a few weeks ago, and we only had two practices due to work schedules.

This is my first live show in a few years, first time using this amp live (Helix), first gig with these guys, and the first time I've played this venue. Oh, and my boss, his boss, and his boss's boss are sitting 20 feet away with scorecards as judges. No pressure, right?

It turned out ok. Maybe we'll have a little more prep next year. I think we could win this thing!

I'm the guy with the visor. Man, was it hot. Cedar Park, Tx. We took third (out of 11).

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, thanks for posting.
Great job, Mr Gilmour would be proud.
Like the he drums also. Wish I could of heard more vocals too.

Your company has quite a talent pool.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That kicked ass!

Posts: 6002 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops. Thought you meant Jimmie Dale Gilmour.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
That was great! I was half expecting something about the Gilmour Girls after a semi-recent thread about them. What a relief.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That actually sounded good.

Not to be an ass, but why is the sign backwards? I often see this in youtube videos and thought it was a way to circumvent copyright issues.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19574 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. He's likely recording with an iPhone and has the camera lens reversed. That way he can see how to aim the camera. The sign and all the musicians being left handed gives it away.

Sounded great.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Nice job. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
That actually sounded good.

Not to be an ass, but why is the sign backwards? I often see this in youtube videos and thought it was a way to circumvent copyright issues.

Thanks. I think iPhone does this so that when you're framing the shot the picture moves like you do. That is, you move left, your image moves left. When taking photos the phone corrects the mirror before display, but when taking video it does not. At least for FB live. I can post process and flip it, but it's not worth the bother.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
Sir, you nailed it note for note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post