SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    CoD MW2 on Xbox, any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CoD MW2 on Xbox, any good? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Will likely play the single player campaign.

Always wait until games are on sale. It’s a little complicated and nightmarish down here in the 4th world.

The MS store shows prices in Argentine Pesos includind Tax but then the CC turns those Pesos to Dollars that are converted once more to Pesos at our Official rate that looks nothing like the initial price.
After a few creative extra charges, a shitload of taxes are added and then, with some billing delays, you get the final magic number. Two or three times what you thought it will cost you or you were willing to pay.

New games at full price are obscenely expensive.
Thus my patient wait.

Still enjoing Division 2 on a regular basis. Cold War bored the lights out of me.

OOPS! Wrong place, please move to the Lair.

Turned myself in with the proper authoritied at the Sigforum Office. Cool

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
And I think you have said in the past that import duties make receiving "gifts" from the U.S. also cost prohibitive ?

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s honestly terrible. I only play it for DMZ and that’s it, the game is hot trash. The last modern warfare was way better but I’m close to calling quits with COD. It’s nothing but a blatant money grab, they introduce a new money grab to the game every month or two, the game play on regular multi player is just plain not fun, and I’m a huge COD fan, play it every night with my friends and all my buddies agree with me, the only thing keeping it alive at this point is warzone and dmz

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
With the mailed gifts it goes more or less like this:

You are allowed a monthly/yearly (IDK) tax free franchise. I believe its $50. They simply ignore it so it is of no consequences. You want to argue with this, no problem. Then your gift is sent to the airport office and you can waste two or more days out of town trying to retrieve it.
Fast track is different: nhtagmember sent me a COVID patch and i received a notification two days after it arrived. Declared what i thought it was, paid generously for two patches since the envelope said 2 units and i payed enough NOT to be further inconvenienced then waited.
Took 3 weeks for the envelope to be delivered at home.

If the gift looks interesting enough, then a Customs Officer will be involved (no one will ask you) and will demand his or hers pound of flesh.

Once, long time ago, i got billed $150 for a free Norton Utilities that i got, without notice or asking for it. Lifetime ago. They were floppy disks that normally don’t even pay taxes.

They really know how to ruin receiving a gift.

Gift codes are welcome Big Grin

0-0

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Warzone is where it’s at. Great social game when you team up in quads. We primarily play resurgence. Al Mazrah got stale quick, like Caldera. You do need the multiplayer to level up all the guns. It was a lot of work for me last December because to get x, or y attachment (Glass, magz, lasers, barrels, cans, etc) you may have to level up a completely different gun. The game is hard, but the friends you make, and the team you form, will give you plenty to do for a long, long time.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I play single player campaigns mostly because the Xbox is not popular in my country. MS adopted a “honey badger” attitude towards it since the begining. To give you an idea, they introduced the 360 and the One the same day. Never made sure they were available in stores.

As a result, it’s harder to fill a national squad than to tie a knot wearing boxing gloves. Mostly Brazilians in my immediate surroundings. Can follow until they start speaking at normal speed.

Doing fine with Americans, Canadians and the occasional Frenchies. Germans are hard. Big Grin

0-0

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
You can use a VPN, and get to American servers. If you play Warzone, search for a party instead of queuing in. It’ll be the option to the right. Over time, you’ll make some “friends” that you can play with consistently. I have several crews I can join every night. It gets really good once you have all the guns leveled up so your loadout is always the meta. With a good squad, using tactics they use in theater, you can really out game your opponents. I’m in a ghillie suit and use a Sniper Rifle and AR set up as a SMG for snipers support. Getting wins is fantastic because you really really have to earn it. It’s beast competitive. Really difficult. Nothing like playing a video game and hearing or saying “set security” as you take a building and attempt to hold it. I didn’t play kiddie games for over a decade then got back into it when the PS5 was released in the pandemic. It’s been great. Much better being mentally engaged, and have to use hand eye coordination, reflexes, be quick as a whip, and have to use your IQ constantly to think ahead. It’s like chess with teammates and guns.

Current loadout is the MCPR with explosive rounds, Forge Tac Delta scope, with laser, for ADS, a can and a fast reciprocating bolt to get subsequent shots off. Was using the Kastov 74u for sniper support but just switched to the Chimera set up like a SBR with a can and red dot. I try to practice in multiplayer (private practice match against the bots) every day for 30 minutes for aim training even if I don’t play WZ that day. You have to constantly train your aim for head shots, especially running a sniper as you have to be lightning fast. In WZ1 I could do 1 shot kills from 650m but in WZ2 is less about distance and more about speed/quickness. It’s so sweaty now than unless your KD is low, you have to have a squad or you get merc’d all night.

We play Ashika Island most nights in CST. If you want to play email your Activision ID and I can probably show you some things to work on. Level up all the guns, and I mean all of them. Most people try to play it and give up it’s that sweaty. We joke that all the casual players have left as they cannot handle it. Death comms every night when I get kills is usually getting cussed out in Spanish, someone saying they’ve had enough, etc. You know you’re getting good when you are getting cussed out in the death comms consistently.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about MW2 on 360, or a re-release that includes all the same content as the 360 release, I consider a handful of the "Special Ops" one-off missions to be some of the best contemporary-themed tactical shooter content ever. The "Estate Takedown" mission is stupid fun, and can be replayed countless times, using different weapons and tactics, with or without a split-screen friend. I don't have current consoles, or an internet connection that can support them, so I play older games, when I decide to make the time for it. MW2 and MW3 have a lot of great offline content, outside the campaign; I actually haven't ever played the campaign in either game. The wave survival levels in MW3 are very fast paced, but still require a lot of strategy and planning.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine, i started playing online games since the early days. I joined servers all over the place but there’s no beating my country”s 200 ping.

Lucky for me, the xbox knows pretty much how to deal with it but the poor connection message is there to stay.
With other games i am usually forced to play sniping roles, as melees are impossible to handle. No CCB for me.

As a sniper, i shoot targets in the “future”, addind delay to the leading equation.

0-0

posted Hide Post
I think Prefontaine might be on to something with the VPN.

I wonder if you could use the VPN to at least fool MS into thinking you are in the States and allow you to purchase games at the US prices. The amount of used games that constantly go on sale for 20 US dollars or less might make it worth at least seeing if it will work.

Also, at a lot of the big stores here that sell games for the XBox, a lot of the games can be purchased by picking up a small card that has a scratch off code. 2 ideas, email the codes to you, or snail mail.

Good luck.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I think i could use a Code for a trial run (as if i got it as a gift) but in the long run, my console is registered and located -ip- in Argentina and that would void any fancy scheme.
Pricing is according to your (country) location.
Any stuff billed in USD would raise red flags as the CC number is country based, same as ip.

Originally, i had my xbox email account based in the US because it didn’t required a CC to register as opposed to the rest of the world. Seiftly changed it over the years when my friend in US passed.

Couple of years ago, the building super of my sister’s place emptied her bank account using her CC. She suffered severe multiple ABC (?) and lives in a Paliative care environment. When i went to the bank they fid not help at all. We hardly use our CC at all because of this. Solved the super situation doing a Tony Soprano’s act. With a smile on our faced.

0-0