SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What was the video game you were best at as a kid?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the video game you were best at as a kid? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
So no one had an Odyssey game console? We played pong on it and other games involving a white dot. Had screens that stuck to the TV with static cling. 1972 I was 8.
http://mrglitchsreviews.blogsp...agnavox-odyssey.html
Haha! What a blast. Our family had that when I was a youngun. Big Grin

Posts: 45327 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
As a kid, we couldn't afford any console/video games, in fact it wasn't until about 1990 that we got a TV and that was only because my grandparents gave us a VCR.

Earliest, I ever played a video game, was on my Dad's Tandy TRS-80 - it was knockoff version of Space Invaders on the floppy disc.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Wow.

My games were Contra and Dig Dug…I was really good at those.

I also enjoyed the ‘pattern’ games; specifically Dragon’s Lair.

Guys, when my buddy Mike Williams got to this scene and beat the game for the first time (Aladdin’s Castle) there was a huge crowd around him and much cheering on. We bought him pizza and Mt. Dew at Sbarro’s next door after he finished!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Centipede and Zaxxon

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Galaga, hands down.

Posts: 7229 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Ditto. Galaga.

Posts: 3126 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Super Mario Bros 3

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Pinball & Foosball is as close as I got as a kid.

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I think it was 1993 when computer gammer magazine had to create the award called "Online multiplayer game of the year" for a game called CYBERSTRIKE.

It was a mech game which had equal parts situational awareness, skill, strategy and tactics. It was four teams of four pods (aka mech) fighting over a grid map.

It started on GEnie moved to AOL durring its height and then on to play.net which was owned by the game devs.

Durring the peak of the game I was the top player statistically however there were two maybe three others who I would consider my equal.

30 years later my college friends and I still talk about the game.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Arcade: Joust
Console: Pitfall
PC: Prince of Persia

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Tempest.

Posts: 798 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Zelda.

Posts: 9109 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karate Champ arcade game

Posts: 163 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I suppose that Battlezone was the one I did best.

I really liked Galaxian. 'Bugs, Mr Rico...' sometimes I think about buying a Galaxian machine.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Pong was the first one out when I was really a kid.

After that Space Invaders and Asteroids.

I liked Asteroids, but I wasn't really good at it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Q*bert...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8777 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Biplanes mode of Combat! for the Atari 2600 and the original Mario Kart.

Posts: 13732 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Enduro on the Atari 2600!

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Galaga, and the original stand up Star Wars game. That game came out and there was a line at my arcade. Red5 standing by.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12565 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Another game I was pretty good at was Desert Strike and it's sequels.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post