SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dead Like Me --not Blazing Saddles, but...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dead Like Me --not Blazing Saddles, but... Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I enjoyed this series and have it on DVD.

Here's an example of one of the lighter moments. Smile Lots more on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dead+like+me).

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/3iX_HapU-YA

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Love Dead Like Me. It's one of my top 5 favorite TV shows ever. I was bummed it got cancelled.

It's too bad that the 2009 movie fumbled the ball like it did - uneven storytelling, no Laura Harris or Mandy Patinkin, Vancouver swapped out for Montreal, etc.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Loved that show, really wanted more.
I got hooked on it after watching just ONE episode while stuck in a hotel.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Agreed, the movie was less than stellar to say the least.

And FWIW here are the only TV series I liked enough to acquire DVD sets for thusfar:
--Dead Like Me
--Justified
--Firefly
--Farscape
--The Prisoner

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Dead Like Me was a fun show. I was disappointed when it ended but never saw the follow-up movie. After reading a few reviews and the comments here, I’m glad I missed it.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
--Justified

I feel like Justified would have lasted longer if they had taken every other season off from the whole over-arching family, etc.

Season 2 with Mags was great, but they should have gone back to villain of the week for another season.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I love these outtakes, especially since they didn't include them on the DVD sets. What the heck?

Part 1

Part 2

It was very cool to see Ellen Muth pop up playing another Georgia on Bryan Fuller's other excellent TV series Hannibal. I can't believe they could show that on network TV!

On a slightly related note, I wish I could find my own real version of "Der Waffle Haus." As a night owl, I'd love a 24-hour dark restaurant to chill at in the DEAD of night and have some bacon extra extra extra crispy. Amphora Diner in Herndon VA comes pretty close, but it's on the opposite coast from where I live.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
Dead Like Me was a fun show. I was disappointed when it ended but never saw the follow-up movie. After reading a few reviews and the comments here, I’m glad I missed it.

The movie as well as the series are on Amazon Prime if you are a member...I enjoyed them...very different kinda show Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The movie is also on YouTube in 9 minute segments that will auto-load seamlessly automatically.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192