SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    A Classical Interlude
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Classical Interlude Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
The Swan from Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saëns.

Turn up the sound, tune out all of that trivial bullshit you were fretting about, and just fuckin' listen. Smile

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/iSmxBNFnvkM

The pianist says 'Bak-jo', which means 'Swan' in Korean. (From the comments section, my Korean isn't up to speed.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Nice, Jim.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16251 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, thanks.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3757 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awesome!
Although I lived in S.Korea for 6 years (on business) and learned the language, I didn't quite catch the pianist's comment first time around. Caught it on the second listen.
Thanks for posting.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Loved it, Jim.
"Where'd that come from?" asks Mrs. Till, violinist
"SigForum"
"Oh where all you knuckle-draggers go to get your fix of highbrow music?"
Actually I made that last part up. We did enjoy a good laugh.
BTW Jim, in searching for your previous classical interludes, I did finally find the one of Glenn Gould playing with Bernstein. Thanks for the 'tip of the hat'. Cool

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I always listen to these. Another great one.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post