SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Jocko Podcast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Jocko Podcast Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
First and foremost, I’m not a big podcast guy. Matter of fact, I’ve listened to one or two episodes of different podcasts up till now.

I came across a podcast of Jocko Willink with Admiral Bill McRaven. It is lengthy, about 4 hours, but it is a fascinating look at leadership from a top level. Since I have listened to his interviews with SGTMAJ Mike Glover (army SF/Delta) and Navy Admiral Joe McGuire.

It’s based upon leadership and I have really enjoyed them.

Highly Recommended.

(Please don’t turn this into politics)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found him some time back, he is really outstanding! I have since gone back through all of his previous podcasts. There is so many great lessons in there. The one with Johnny Kim was really good, definitely worth a listen. The rape of Nanking was haunting, along with the Rowandan genocide. Many are inspirational, some are dark, but all of them are extremely educational.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I had the pleasure of meeting Jocko several years ago. I’m not a big podcast guy, but this one has gotten my attention.

DK

Posts: 2949 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I’ve listened to a bunch of his podcasts and I’ll second that the Johnny Kim is excellent. What I really love about Jocko and Echo Charles is that they’ve mastered the art of letting their guests speak without interruption.

The Drago podcast was also very entertaining.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! I throughly enjoyed the Drago podcast.

(Not to get political) It really shows the difference between communism and capitalism. He loves America, and is a testament to what you can accomplish here. It’s a real world example of how America truly is, not some distorted view from the left.

(I really don’t want to dis-rail this with politics, but this episode has those elements, Drago is from Poland)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andcommande,

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’ll check out Drago next.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I agree that the Johnny Kim episode was terrific. I’ll check out the Drago one. My favorites are #204-206 with MACV SOG warrior Dick Thompson followed by several interviews with John Stryker Meyer. Their exploits are incredible.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
LOVE Jocko Podcast!

Been listening to him for years. Nowadays I usually only listen to the ones dealing with a particular book or guest - can't keep up with ALL that he puts out. Big Grin

Mike Ritland is another great podcast. I started listening to him after he was on Jocko's podcast.

About the only two podcasts I listen to.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't listen to all of his episodes but, the one's of interest I've enjoyed.

His podcast collaboration with Darryl Cooper in Jocko Unraveling I've very much enjoyed, and wished they'd put out more content. If you appreciate history and perspectives, not quite like Dan Carlin (who's been leaning left of late) but, specific subjects, particularly the '03 Iraqi invasion, good stuff.
quote:
Mike Ritland is another great podcast. I started listening to him after he was on Jocko's podcast.

About the only two podcasts I listen to.

Ritland took a break for awhile, his guests tend to be a bit too NSW centric, similar to Andy Stumpf's podcast, although Andy's interviewing skills have dramatically improved. Stumpf though is pretty funny and he's broadened his guest list of late.

Jocko's recent guest Mike Glover, founder of Fieldcraft has been pretty aggressively growing his company and their own podcast, whenever his good friend Kevin Owen is on is always a treat. Glover's military-centric podcast Mike Force has had some interesting guests.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I started listening to him a few years ago. I marched from podcast #1 all the way up to about 250 or so. Then COVID WFH kicked in.

I pick and choose which ones since then. He's also the reason I started Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 2.5 years ago at the age of 38. Big Grin 1 Stripe Blue Belt chiming in here! I usually get in around 6 class hours a week + rolling time.

Listening to the latest episode now with Rickson Gracie.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I've been listening on and off to Jocko for about a year now. I've probably listened to around 40-50 of his podcasts total. I'll make sure to listen to the above mentioned shows. Thanks.

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the episode with Mike Glover, guy is down to earth and a straight bad ass.

About half way through McRaven now.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post