SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Marathon Man (1976)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marathon Man (1976) Login/Join 
posted
I wanted to like this one, I really tried. For me, the best scene was where the old German and Jewish guy were trying to run each other off the road. So many other 70’s movies were so much better imo.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Since my childhood ive been hunted by the image of the nazi dentist. My mother found me one SOB that tortured me and a bunch of other kids for money. He threatened my waiving his fist in front of my face while my mother watched stoically.
First hint my mother mother took seriously was when she heard another her mom asking for an unusually high number of visits because her kid had 40 cavities. Most likely he only had but milk teeth. Another kid died there and finally the doctor said i needed root channel . We went for a second opinion and that was the end of it.

Still scared of that motherfucker to this day. I DO FEAR I WILL DIE AT THE DENTIST and can’t control myself. I shake uncontrollably. Am ashamed of this. But can’t prevent it.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Is it safe?"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, please don't worry. I'm not going into that cavity. That nerve's already dying. A live, freshly-cut nerve is infinitely more sensitive. So I'll just drill into a healthy tooth until I reach the pulp... unless of course you can tell me that it's safe.

I just had a root canal done last week.
It was not bad.
Much better than the first time I had it done about 30 years ago.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a great movie, one of my favorites from that time frame. I do wish though that they didn't kill off Roy Schneider.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post