SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Early Kurosawa: Drunken Angel (1948) and Stray Dog (1949)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early Kurosawa: Drunken Angel (1948) and Stray Dog (1949) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Both starring Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura

You better catch them while you can. Something tells me this youtube channel won't be around much longer.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I watched both of those during my project of seeing all the Kurosawa movies. Stray Dog was especially interesting for being filmed just after the war. The moral of the movie is clear. Takashi Shimura is always a pleasure to watch. I gave a DVD of the movie to a friend. He never watched it so far as I know. Sometime later he had a gun stolen from his car. Would he have been more careful? The police did catch the thieves and gun is still in evidence.

In Drunken Angel, the mob boss really impressed me. Maybe I should watch again.

Is 'Men Who Tread on the Tail of Tigers' on the channel?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, those are the only two Kurosawa films on the channel.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post