SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Another passing; Ed Ames at 95
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another passing; Ed Ames at 95 Login/Join 
posted
I remember him well from the "Daniel Boone" TV series of the '60s with Fess Parker. He wasn't an unknown as a singer either. This article mentions the episode of "The Tonight Show" where he appeared in costume, throwing a tomahawk at a silohuette; hit it right at the tallywhacker...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/n...f8af52416589fb&ei=10

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
This article mentions the episode of "The Tonight Show" where he appeared in costume, throwing a tomahawk at a silohuette; hit it right at the tallywhacker...

Interesting, that is the only reference I recognize his name from.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Yep, that's the clip. I thought that he was in character for his role on "Daniel Boone" though. Back when, the family was all setting around the old Philco B&W TV watching a Bob Hope or Bing Crosby special. Ed was singing a number, and we kids couldn't believe it was "Mingo".

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post