SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    13 hours, the Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

13 hours, the Secret Soldiers of Benghazi Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Coming up on 10 years for this.

Every year since this movie has come out, I watch on 9/11. It fuels enough frustration, anger, and hatred to last me until the following year.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We were just talking about watching this tonight.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
To add -

john krasinski does such a good job that I am able to forget that he was Jim in The Office.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
To add -

john krasinski does such a good job that I am able to forget that he was Jim in The Office.

I was really happy to see him and Roy were still friends after the whole Pam thing. haha

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
It fuels enough frustration, anger, and hatred to last me until the following year.

Yep. It did.

A very sincere “fuck you” to any and all whose incompetence and/or indifference caused death and injury to these men.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. Been a few years since we'd seen it.
Worth the late night.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
This is Michael Bay's best movie. Rated R frees up his action capabilities, but the depiction of real events hinders his more ridiculous over-the-top tendencies. Still, he manages to fit in a car chase firefight and the sniping of an IED on a bus scene that didn't happen in real life, but it's not too outlandish compared to ... say ... Pearl Harbor!

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Very much enjoyed both the book and the movie.

Never watched the Office so I am able to enjoy Krasinski's more recent action hero perfomances without bias.

Enjoyed many of the characterizations...Pablo Schreiber as Tanto (although somewhat over the top performance...did not get from the book that he was that annoying, but acc to the book he did actually deploy to the ambo compound in cargo shorts); Max Martini as Oz, James Badge Dale as Rone. The Bob character was portrayed as a bit too officious and pompous though.

I always wondered what happened to the DS guys after this...

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
To add -

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solid movie, realistic action and reasonably accurate dialogue.

The events in Benghazi 'should've been' a wake-up call regarding the deficiencies with the State Dept, as to how they handle contingencies and emergencies. As we've seen the in the last 60-days, the foreign service office instead resembles the yearbook planning committee.

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Now I am not a Bay hater at all. I love me some mindless ‘splody action. That said when I saw this movie coming out and attached to Bay I was VERY suspicious and worried that they would take a very serious situation that had occurred fairly recently and turn it into a “Baygasm” flick.

I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised at just how well this movie was done. It wasn’t over the top, it really respected the folks involved and it didn’t try to go political one way or another just a good portrayal of some very brave men who stepped up when they didn’t have to.

All in all it’s a helluva good movie and a total surprise from Michael Bay.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post