SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Diplomat on Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Diplomat on Netflix Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Three episodes in and enjoying it. Still don’t know where it’s headed but i like the dry humor and the possibilities.

It’s not a comedy, not an international thriller. But it has a bit of everything.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12145 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We just watched the first episode this evening. I agree: It looks pretty darn good.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I find the whole american crew at the UK Embassy unbelievable. Too wet behind the ears for such a critical post. The CIA asian girl is just a mid to low level operative compared to the field experience of the Ambassador. The tall black guy also seems out of his depth.
Hating the chick dressed as a boy presence, give us the rainbows back, keep the unicorns! This character seems as out of place as a pacifier up the butt. Forgive ne but my education doesn’t allow for such expression freedom. It rubs me the wrong way needlessly.

Still, i find the show entertaining and reminds me of Yes, (Prime) Minister and Veep with a touch of Homeland and such.

0-0

Posts: 12145 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
We’ve watched the first three episodes as well and found it quick paced and interesting, if not totally believable.

I believe there are a total of 8 episodes and it will be interesting to see where the plot goes.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I find the whole american crew at the UK Embassy unbelievable. Too wet behind the ears for such a critical post. The CIA asian girl is just a mid to low level operative compared to the field experience of the Ambassador. The tall black guy also seems out of his depth.
Hating the chick dressed as a boy presence, give us the rainbows back, keep the unicorns! This character seems as out of place as a pacifier up the butt. Forgive ne but my education doesn’t allow for such expression freedom. It rubs me the wrong way needlessly.

Yes, but...Keri Russell. ...Swoon

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
We’ve watched the first three episodes as well and found it quick paced and interesting, if not totally believable.
Same here--both my wife and me.

quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Yes, but...Keri Russell. ...Swoon
In one scene her husband remarks, wrt to a dress, something like "Your ass looks great in it." She does have a great ass Smile (And, w/o doing a spoiler [too badly, anyway], we later see the dress had little to do with it Wink.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Gives you just enough (intrigue, humor) to get you going. Very clever.

All set up forSeason 2.

0-0

Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
My wife and I finished it last night. We both thought it was great!

Posts: 674 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will check it out. Became a Keri Russell fan when I watched her on The Americans.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16126 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
The garden fight scene was entertaining. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. Well written, with a twist or two.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Hating the chick dressed as a boy presence, give us the rainbows back, keep the unicorns! This character seems as out of place as a pacifier up the butt.

Every show, every episode all the time. Unavoidable.

Woke, Inc.

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I just finished up episode 5. Pretty good so far, but I don't like how they portray the husband. Maybe that changes.

Posts: 1924 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
... I don't like how they portray the husband. Maybe that changes.
It does not.

What don't you like about the portrayal?

Personally, I think it's excellent. The dynamic between the two of them is a large part, perhaps the largest part, of what makes the show, IMO.

No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
We're enjoying it through episode 3 so far.

The woman with a male haircut isn't bothering us. As long as there are no gay kissing scenes etc.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I just think he's portrayed as a self serving jerk all the time while the wife is infallible.

I did watch the next episode last night and it was better.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
... I don't like how they portray the husband. Maybe that changes.
It does not.

What don't you like about the portrayal?

Personally, I think it's excellent. The dynamic between the two of them is a large part, perhaps the largest part, of what makes the show, IMO.

Posts: 1924 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We just finished episode 3 and so far find it watchable. I'm not a fan of most of the characters, especially the woman dressed like Pee Wee Herman, but the ambassador, husband, and president are pretty entertaining.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Just finished final episode. Sure, if you're looking for a realistic portrayal of international relations, there's plenty of artistic license so just accept it for what it is..a highly entertaining interplay of characters and a script that is never boring.

It's a damn good ride!

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1490 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
We finished it and enjoyed it, but are very disappointed that it is a major cliffhanger of every part of the plot, and there is no plan yet for a season 2.

Posts: 9483 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed this series. Would highly recommend it. Hope there is a season 2!

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post