SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Valley of Tears (on HBO Max)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Valley of Tears (on HBO Max) Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I just watched the first two episodes of "Valley of Tears" on HBO Max. To say I was impressed would be an understatement!!! It is nothing short of outstanding and certainly compares favorably with our "Band of Brothers", in terms of realism of combat (centering this week on a couple tank crews and a lightly defended intelligence outpost), acting, direction, production values, and history. It's about the Yom Kippur War of 1973, and explores a number of areas of Israeli history and culture that I wasn't aware of such, as the presence of Arab-Israeli soldiers and their contribution on the battlefield. Certainly not for family viewing, due to violence, nudity, and "mature themes", I'd highly recommend it to SF members and I'm eagerly awaiting the episodes which will be offered on a weekly basis.

https://www.hbomax.com/coming-soon/valley-of-tears

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I just watched the first two episodes of "Valley of Tears" on HBO Max. To say I was impressed would be an understatement!!! It is nothing short of outstanding and certainly compares favorably with our "Band of Brothers", in terms of realism of combat (centering this week on a couple tank crews and a lightly defended intelligence outpost), acting, direction, production values, and history. It's about the Yom Kippur War of 1973, and explores a number of areas of Israeli history and culture that I wasn't aware of such, as the presence of Arab-Israeli soldiers and their contribution on the battlefield. Certainly not for family viewing, due to violence, nudity, and "mature themes", I'd highly recommend it to SF members and I'm eagerly awaiting the episodes which will be offered on a weekly basis.

https://www.hbomax.com/coming-soon/valley-of-tears

Trailer looks very interesting. Sub titles are so common these days it makes little difference to me. On my watch list.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I finally got a chance to watch this, and was extremely impressed. It primarily follows a few different armor/infantry/intelligence soldiers of the IDF while they're trying to defend against the surprise Syrian invasion of the Golan Heights during the chaotic and near-disastrous early days of the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

Well worth checking out, if you have HBO Max.

(English dubbed audio is available, but as usual, I recommend sticking with the original Hebrew with English subtitles.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Some nice Centurion action. I was wanting the intel weenie to step on a mine or something.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post