SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Dexter new blood series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter new blood series Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted
Watching the first two episodes.

It’s looking like it’s going to be good again.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It’s set in Alaska 10 years after Florida.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I was kind of glad when the original ended but this is a nice refresh ... so far.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I find the new Dexter series BLAH.
It does not have the "magic" the original had mostly because it does not have the cast the original had.
Deb, is way over acted, and her mentoring is no way as good as the Father was.
I will continue to watch out of curiosity but so far not impressed.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I find the new Dexter series BLAH.
It does not have the "magic" the original had mostly because it does not have the cast the original had.
Deb, is way over acted, and her mentoring is no way as good as the Father was.
I will continue to watch out of curiosity but so far not impressed.

Are you sure you're watching the new series?
I haven't started this one yet, but not sure the bolded part fits with the original series run.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm ok with a spoiler here. Preface with a warning for others.

Deb? She's not dead?

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Possible spoiler:

Deb is a figment of Dexter’s imagination like his Dad was in the first series.

Hope I didn’t spoil anything…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ OK, that makes sense then.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
No freaking way!!

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

It’s upstate New York, not Alaska.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Deb died in the original series? It's been a while so I am going to have to re-watch it.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

It’s upstate New York, not Alaska.

Ok I kinda guessed. Thanks.

There’s a lot of snow…

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
One of the keys of the original was him being an admirable villain, they aren’t nailing that yet. I love Miami and how bright and sunny much of the original show was. They are now in a dark mode where you can hardly see anything I’ll assume to set a sinister mood. Dark almost night all the time must appeal to some, but not me.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I have enjoyed the two episodes I have seen. The new Dexter is just getting started. I expect the son to carry on the tradition before long. Looks like the series will grow better with time.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
3 episodes in and I just think is is MEH.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Final episode - and it's a wrap. er, bag.

Posts: 7450 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Watched the final episode last night. Can somebody remind my why they made this? $$ Did they just need to buy a new house for an ex-wife or something?

I was just reading the Deadwood thread and I have to say that was well done. I was afraid it had been too long and they would screw it up but it was good.

This was just a continuation of the bad writing of the last couple of seasons...

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
A better ending would have been:

Harrison driving away by himself in the truck. The camera pans over and you see Dexter sitting in the passenger seat, just like how he would talk to his dead sister in his head.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
SPOILER ALERT!

Looking for positives;
It was getting hard to look at Dexter with that goofy haircut on a old mans head.

I hope that in future episodes DEB will be GONE!

I believe Dexter will replace Deb and Dexters Father as the Sons coach.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post