SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Young Frankenstein...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Young Frankenstein... Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
That movie gave me a crush on Teri Garr when I was a youngster....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ Yeah, she elevated me more than once. Big Grin

1974 Was a good year for Mel. He released both Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. Those are my two favorite comedies.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that, while working on "Toys in the Attic" in NYC Aerosmith took a break and went to see the movie and afterward they were joking about "walk this way". At the same time Joe Perry had the famous riff that he had worked on previously in Hawaii...the rest is history

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Abby Normal.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
He's going to be very popular. Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
Rumor has it that, while working on "Toys in the Attic" in NYC Aerosmith took a break and went to see the movie and afterward they were joking about "walk this way". At the same time Joe Perry had the famous riff that he had worked on previously in Hawaii...the rest is history

Not too surprising, Mel Brooks wrote good songs. The kernel was present so to speak.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Mel Brooks is such a treasure. Good thing he wasn't born 30-40 years later, they'd have never let most of his ideas run today.
I thought this was an entertaining story and it is only about a minute long.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/muORTmm1adY

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
What I would give for people like this again. We were a much better Country because of folks like Mel. He allowed us to laugh at our differences, and bond with the important things that we all share.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Mel Brooks is such a treasure. Good thing he wasn't born 30-40 years later, they'd have never let most of his ideas run today.
I thought this was an entertaining story and it is only about a minute long.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/muORTmm1adY

Toot toot tootsie goodbye . . .

Priceless.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post