SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Oh-oh. 2023 Hayabusa.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh-oh. 2023 Hayabusa. Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Smile Bought and rode one of the first 1999's in the USA for nine years.

Still riding my fourteen year old 2008. Its still good. Excellent, even. But,

"Metallic Matte Black No. 2 & Glass Sparkle Black, ... an advanced version of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.); a comprehensive collection of electronic rider aids like Cruise Control and Bi-directional Quick Shift systems ..."

https://suzukicycles.com/sport...23/hayabusa#overview

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Japanese Cruise Missile! I would like to try it out. Just once. I am too old and fat for clip ons.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I don’t like traditional inline 4’s (feel/power delivery) but that 2022 in white is got damn hot! Love the OG Japanese lettering. Beautiful missile.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When they first came out I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more of a redesign with forced induction but I believe euro emissions and Suzuki’s persistent ability to resist making all new models gave us this bike. It isn’t a bad bike at all. It’s just a little frustrating Suzuki scrapped plans for a totally new Hayabusa mid way through the project.

They have been growing on me lately. It might just be the way they look with he new body work but they appear to be slightly smaller than the previous Hayabusa when you see one in person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
No factory Turbo-Busa? Sigh, maybe next year.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Trying to ride one of those responsibly would be difficult!
Beautiful bike.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Trying to ride one of those responsibly would be difficult!
Beautiful bike.

they are great to sport tour on with panniers or soft bags. Talk about road trips. The thing will cruise at 110-120 mph like your car at 80. It’s silly the ground you can cover in a day. What’s scary is the bodywork makes cruising at high speed like my liter at 80 mph. You’re just laid back, comfortable, 100% aware but feel like you are doing 60 mph or something. It’s silly.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12558 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That exhaust looks like it is part of the second stage of the Saturn rocket!!! It has to weigh a ton. It would be the first thing I would jettison and replace w/ aftermarket. I have noticed extremely large exhausts on many bikes over the last couple years. I really don’t know why except maybe to pass EPA standards?

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yep. You’re right on the money 357fuzz! Suzuki has a down right shitty relationship with epa regs. They know their enthusiasts will ditch the shit/soul killing factory exhaust for a full race exhaust as one of their fist mods so the factory Suzuki exhausts are more or less an afterthought in aesthetic design…their primary goal is not to be effed too hard by epa or euro emission regs and pass. They know every proper moto rider will do the right thing and put on a race exhaust and a fuel controller/ tune. Cool

The Suzuki haters always point to a factory exhaust and say “look at this crap” to which I reply yeah it needs an Akra titanium full race exhaust. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Seeing this makes me think again about a different bike. I truly love the BMW K1600GT that I pilot. But, after puttering around the 318 curves of The Dragon on the 1/2 ton combination of the bike and me, I wonder if there is a sport bike that would fit a 6’4” rider. It wouldn’t need 165 hp like I have, but it would need to be big enough for my lanky frame.

I thought I would use the hard case luggage, and I do. But, it is not truly required for my adventurous rides of about 1000 miles each year.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Seeing this makes me think again about a different bike. I truly love the BMW K1600GT that I pilot. But, after puttering around the 318 curves of The Dragon on the 1/2 ton combination of the bike and me, I wonder if there is a sport bike that would fit a 6’4” rider. It wouldn’t need 165 hp like I have, but it would need to be big enough for my lanky frame.

I thought I would use the hard case luggage, and I do. But, it is not truly required for my adventurous rides of about 1000 miles each year.

Multistrada.

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4MUL8R:
I am 6/4 and 240. The BMW S1000XR would check off all your boxes. BMWs "do anything" bike. I sold mine. Why? It was too hot for me and I found myself riding over my head. I now have the F850GS. A bit more sedate.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15991 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki just made a more upright touring friendly variant of the GSX-R. Kawasaki is soon going to be releasing a similar Ninja patterned after then ZX10 but with a more comfortable riding position and more of an emphasis on street riding verses an all out race replica machine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'm turning up Internet "information" showing the 2008 at 485lbs "curb weight",
and the new 2023 at 582lbs "curb weight."

That can't be right, can it?

Even if the 2008 were "dry", no fluids or battery, and the 2023 were ready to ride,

97 lbs heavier???

https://suzukicycles.com/sport...abusa#specifications

https://suzukicycles.com/sport...abusa#specifications

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Aside from being too old and medically challenged to enjoy sports bikes again, I never got the bug for heavier mega bhp scoots. I had a number of Nortons over the years ranging from stock Commandos to a rare Paul Dunstall Export cafe racer (had fun running against Kaw triples when they were introduced... they'd take me off the line but I'd pull up and pass them at the top end) to even a California Sidecar equipped 850. We're talking in the 400lb wet range and 60+ bhp which I found worked just fine for me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
RichardC it very well could be correct. My first Gen Yamaha YZF R1 is lighter than a current R1 M which is the top tier race replica from Yamaha. Sure the new R1 makes more power and can control it better but you can’t deny that the new tech has made it heavier.

In the case of the Suzuki Hayabusa this “new” Hayabusa is a compromise. It isn’t a total refresh and challenger to the Kawasaki H2 that the Suzuki faithful had hoped would arrive. It’s more of a stop gap to allow Suzuki to pass shittarded emission regs and arrive back to markets whose retarded emissions laws killed off the mighty Hayabusa.

I don’t hate it, it looks smaller than the current Gen in person but the styling IMO could have been better. It would also have been nice if the lazy fucks at Suzuki threw on forced induction and pretended like they cared about fast motos again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I will take a first long trip on the K1600GT from Richmond VA to Mount Pleasant SC March 30. I’ll jog the Cooper River Bridge 10K, on April 1. Back to Richmond on April 2. IF I don’t like the long ride, the K bike will be up for sale. And, I’ll seek another enjoyable machine. I really like the design philosophy of the Hayabusa. But, I find the lighter, more upright KTM XXX Adventure machines strangely attractive.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ If I were in the market for a mile-muncher, I think a K16 would be near the top of the list, either a B or GT.
The R12RS looks great too, but a bit less tour & more sport.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15136 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have an old R1150GS that is at home on interstates and winding roads. It would be the perfect trip bike if I ever had time for a longer rides. Frown My BMW’s 6th gear is more or less useless unless you’re going around 70 so it’s certainly geared for a long haul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
You have to respect the power and legacy of the Hyabusa, but I've never quite been able to get past the rounded, bloated looks. Then again, if I was looking for something comparable, I'd be after the Kawasaki Z H2, which certainly has its own audience of detractors when it comes to looks (but I like it, and having sat on one or two at the dealer, it's surprisingly comfortable).

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post