SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lamb Movie Trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lamb Movie Trailer Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
Pretty good creep factor, supposed to come out Oct 8th

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
W T F

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will pass.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Orson Welles said that by the time he got to Hollywood in 1940, they had already run out of new ideas. Actually, he said something like "everything had already been done." Same thing.
In the film industry, only a very, very few people are truly imaginative and creative, and Hollywood's stock in trade is regurgitating old ideas and stories. That's pretty much all they know how to do- recycling.

That's how we get stuff like this film; weirdness for weirdness' sake. Gotta find a way to be different and get people talking. This film will impress young film viewers, who really don't know any better and who go with whatever their peers think, and it will impress the pretentious film critics, who will declare this film a masterpiece and who will use the doubtfulness of the objective film viewer to indicate that the film is over their heads.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I was going to make some smart ass remark about this being another prequel in the Alien/Prometheus/Predator universe…..but I’m too afraid it’ll turn out to be true.

Imagine the Keith Richards level pharmaceuticals involved in pitching, approving, writing, filming, editing and releasing this.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beach Boys? Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
From the trailer, I have no flippin' idea what this could possibly be about. Not a fan of the horror film genre, anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The Beach Boys?
In terms of this kind of quasi-art, the more incongruous, the better. And when you say you don't get it, they smile sympathetically, pat you on the back gently and say "bless your heart."

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Looks like a right pile of self indulgent wank.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The Beach Boys? Eek
Well that song was from the "Pet Sounds" album. The cover might have inspired the idea for the film. Eek

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Looks like pretty standard fare from the A24 production outfit.

That said, I will watch just about anything set in Iceland with Icelandic dialogue.

I find it silly, though, that they've cast Noomi Rapeface as the main character. She's Swedish, not Icelandic...and has to act in Icelandic. And all her co-stars are Icelandic. Not only that, they could have gotten Guðrún Eyfjörð (of Katla fame, most recently), who has a very similar look to Noomi...and is actually Icelandic.

Director is the same as Oblivion and Tomorrow War.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Even with weirdness for weirdness sake they can't come up with new ideas. At least not entirely.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post