SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Seinfeld - Netflix
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seinfeld - Netflix Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
So, bear with me. When Seinfeld first came out, i was in VF-2 and focused on Iraq snd the soon to be followed, Desert Storm. As a result, i never got into this

Do not, Netflix has the series.

Now on S1 E4 and this stuff is GREAT so far.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've caught random episodes over the years, never sat & went through it in order.

Don't currently have a series on deck, maybe I'll dive in.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I've caught random episodes over the years, never sat & went through it in order.

Don't currently have a series on deck, maybe I'll dive in.

Literally, before this watching binge, never more three minutes at a time and less than 30 minutes total.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're in for a lot of laughs!

Unlike a lot of series that go downhill or get stale after a while, I thought "Seinfeld" was good all the way to the end.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Giddy up!

Enjoy! My wife and I are watching it through as well. Forgot how funny it was!

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Watched it in order a few years ago. Still one of the funniest sitcoms ever made.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Someone posted the clip of a game of Risk being played on the subway that was interrupted by a Ukrainian. Big Grin It was hilarious! That made me wonder if the series was worth watching. Now having seen this thread I am thinking it is worth trying out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Watched it in order a few years ago. Still one of the funniest sitcoms ever made.

I completely agree. My wife and I watch at least one episode every night before going to bed. Great stuff.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I set the DVR to record it and ended up with the entire series from 1-1 to the finale episode. I'm currently working my way through it.

I've always liked it, just never watched in order from beginning to end.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Enjoy - Seinfeld is a terrific series.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
There is a love hate vibe with the Seinfeld series. It's a different kind of sitcom that doesn't appeal to the hard core sitcom folks. Those the like a line, and a big laugh tack every 10 seconds. With Seinfeld some scenes in the "couch forward" one room setting and some out are in the wild out in the streets. Larry David is a comic savant. Unconventional, breaking all of the rules. I like it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The DVDs have commentary and trivia. Check the pawn shops and used book stores.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I was in elementary and middle school when it originally aired. My buddy’s Dad loved the show and we would watch it with him.
At the time I did not dislike the show but I just did not really get it.
Now, I think it is a hoot. When I need to watch something but not sure on what I feel like watching and don’t feel like finding something new I just pop on a random episode and I am never disappointed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You will quote “Seinfeldisms” for LIFE. I do to this day…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
You will quote “Seinfeldisms” for LIFE. I do to this day…

There's a Seinfeld quote for nearly every situation imaginable.

The advantage to watching in order is a lot of subtle themes carry over.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Seinfeld is a very cleverly written series. Hidden 'in plain sight' in the show are many classic movies , some almost shot for shot, or word for word. This video details a few of the best:

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bing watched the first couple of years a few weeks ago and it is fun. I will suggest that once you are done with this then go to Seinfeld's comedians in cars getting coffee.... It is absolute top of the line.... later on probably episode 70 or so he actually goes out of charter and cusses and they have to bleep out the name of who ever he is talking about... I wish I could figure out who this was.

There is another one where he and some comedian are talking and Jerry says you can't make a joke about the holocaust and the other guy actually tells one that I think is one of the funnest jokes I've ever heard... but then my wife disagrees.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I like the Seinfeld series and watch it when nothing else is on, or just watch it. But, I do not see any humor in those opening stand up monologues he does before each show. I wonder if it isn't a secret trademark of the show opening of a humorless monologue and then you laugh your butt off watching the actual show? I don't get it. So i'll have to settle for 'Serenity now!"

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I like the Seinfeld series and watch it when nothing else is on, or just watch it. But, I do not see any humor in those opening stand up monologues he does before each show. I wonder if it isn't a secret trademark of the show opening of a humorless monologue and then you laugh your butt off watching the actual show? I don't get it. So i'll have to settle for 'Serenity now!"

There's usually a connection to the stand up theme and the episode's content. Sometimes if very obvious and sometimes subtle. They wrote that in from episode one and just kept it going, like the whimsical music when they end a scene and move on to the next one. Just how they do it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It was also a way to have something to run the credits over that was new every episode and give the show a defined recognizable open and close.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post