Tools

Cobra Kai Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Huh. I expected this to be about the ad with Martin Kove as the Karate instructor, who changed his "Cobra Kai" to "Koala Kai".

flashguy

This one's casual.....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
My g/f likes getting T-shirts from "Arm the Animals". They have a Koala Kai shirt that I must admit.....I want.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, but they messed up the motto.

It should be "More Mercy".

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Ahhh, but they messed up the motto.

It should be "More Mercy".

You clearly aren't familiar with Drop Bears.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
really enjoyed season three. Seems to get better every season

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Really impressed that half the kids involved in the school fight were disciplined (suspended from class) in a "not punitive, just rehabilitative way" after only the first half were questioned. LOL! The writers got the school cancel culture version of "justice" so spot on! You don't see that kind of satire anywhere, except maybe Babylon Bee! Lots of funny scenes like this that may fly over the heads of some, but certainly appreciated by many!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Whatshername (Tamlyn Tomita, I looked it up) from Karate Kid 2 aged well.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Whatshername (Tamlyn Tomita, I looked it up) from Karate Kid 2 aged well.

Tamlyn Naomi Tomita? Yes! Absolutely!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm00...ex?ref_=nm_phs_md_sm

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Does Kreese ever not get his ass kicked?

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

In his defense in the current show he’d be in his 70s.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well there was this platform ...

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:

And in fact, the actor Martin Kove is 74.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Where is season 3? I only saw 2 seasons on you tube.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Where is season 3? I only saw 2 seasons on you tube.

YouTube sold Cobra Kai to Netflix.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I really liked season 1 and 2. Season 3 is even more over the top. If a fight can happen, it will. Kids being this insane (“NO MERCY”) is a bit nuts. Also, count how many advertisements you see and hear in S3.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Season 3 went off the rails a bit in terms of believability but I've suspended the disbelief in the name of mindless fun entertainment.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm talking the whole storyline. MIyagi kicked his ass twice way back. Now Johnny and Danny. For a guy who runs around with a losers suck attitude, he loses a lot.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Season 3 went off the rails a bit in terms of believability but I've suspended the disbelief in the name of mindless fun entertainment.

My wife was wondering where the hell the cops were after the break ins. It's one thing to believe that the Larusso's wouldn't press charges for their kid getting beat on, but to imagine the rest of the parents wouldn't is a BIG leap, especially in California, especially in this day and age..... Roll Eyes

Outside of that, good throwback to the 80's. Can't wait for season 4

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The LaRusso's house is about 1/2 a mile from me in metro ATL.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

My wife was wondering where the hell the cops were after the break ins. It's one thing to believe that the Larusso's wouldn't press charges for their kid getting beat on, but to imagine the rest of the parents wouldn't is a BIG leap, especially in California, especially in this day and age..... Roll Eyes

Outside of that, good throwback to the 80's. Can't wait for season 4

Exactly. Upper middle class parents. The brawl at the school got two kids charged. No way the home invasion results in nothing more than "everybody be cool until the All Valley Tournament". And robbing the little dude after the car wash.

But whatever, it's fluff entertainment so consistency isn't required.