SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Gary Brooker, Procol Harum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Gary Brooker, Procol Harum Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
he was also a major contributor to The Concert for George in re-writing the arrangements along with Clapton and Lynn

a great talent gone

I never get tired watching that concert. To see all those truly professional musicians having that much fun playing together is very uplifting.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
RIP Gary.
THANKS!

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Loved that song and Conquistador. Have heard it thousands of times in my youth. In the Conquistador video, is that Robin Trower playing guitar or had he left by then? I saw Trower in 74 IIRC, but he just stood there looking down playing, while slowly keeping the beat with his left leg and couldn’t really see his face. What I remember is he didn’t sing at The Bridge of Sighs concert. I always assumed he was the singer too.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Sigfest, Trower left in ‘71, that perf was ‘73.

Here ya go, he’s in this one, albeit just as a rhythm guitar player.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A Whiter Shade of Pale" remains one of the lasting, haunting icons of the 70's. Just hearing that song takes me back 50 years, conjuring up so many vivid teenage memories and powerful emotions..

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They did a very different type of Rock. RIP Mr. Booker.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post