SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Secondhand Lions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secondhand Lions Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Free on Tubi TV app streaming now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Watched (again) several weeks ago. A great movie.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Another great movie. I would have given anything to have grown up with two eccentric uncles in that environment. Another fine job from Caine and Duvall. I'll definitely be on the lookout for it once again, thanks for the reminder!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
You bought a used lion?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
She was a real lion, wasn't she? There at the end. A real jungle lion. A real Africa lion.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was such a touching and memorable moment in the movie, how appropriately done.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
A very good movie, yet quite unknown and unappreciated. One of my all time favorites.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Good flick!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Just caught it again. I had forgotten about the ending scene with the chopper flying in and in a discussion pointing out the yacht siting in their pond. I bet that salesman was a fast-talker Big Grin

Regards, Will G.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
A very well mad and touching movie. We just watched it here recently. They really lived.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
No, no, no, you're holding it all wrong. Like this. Smooth.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wilberforce
posted Hide Post
Great movie.

---------------
"Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”
--Joel 3:10, ESV

Posts: 186 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Let’s see what he’s selling and then we’ll shoot him.

Woman relative: “I don’t want my children around all these guns.” Hub: “Then leave!”

Decided to sit and watch all the way through finally.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Family favorite at our home! We own the DVD and it gets watched alot! And that's in an ALL girl house!!

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I don't have a connection with actors/actresses at all, and I know nothing of the man personally, but when Robert Duvall passes away I will genuinely be sad.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
A simply great movie in every way.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Duval is great in that movie... especially when he teaches the young punks a lesson.

I ended up having to buy it from Amazon Prime so I could watch it again.

Another part of the movie I really enjoy is the closing illustrations done by Berkeley Breathed.... and if you notice the dogs in the movie look just like something from his Bloom County Comics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That's a great movie!

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
One of my all time Duval favorites. His role in Open Range is another one. I've watched both many times.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post