SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    what are you reading?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what are you reading? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just finished The Tartan Pimpernel , an autobiography that I picked up when we were in Scotland recently. Donald Caskie was a minister of the Scots Kirk in Paris when the Germans invaded France and Paris itself in 1940. He fled Paris to Marseilles and became a key part of a network of safe houses and escape routes for Allied soldiers and airmen trapped in occupied France. He is credited with aiding in the escape of more than 500 Allied service personnel to flee France.

Later, he was arrested, tried, and sentenced to death, but a German pastor interceded and appealed to Berlin for his life; the appeal was successful. He remained a prisoner for the remainder of the War. Good story.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm on the fourth book of the Terminal List series.
Yeah, I know. I can watch it for free on Prime, and save myself a bunch of time, but I just like books. Maybe I'll watch it after I finish the books.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post