SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anybody watching Animal Kingdom on Prime? Not the old show, the new one about thieves?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody watching Animal Kingdom on Prime? Not the old show, the new one about thieves? Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
After the first few episodes, I wasn't sure I could take it...crazy, reckless behavior, but sticking with it, I'm now on season 3. I believe there are 4. Thoughts?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I went about 3-4 seasons with it, after that I went elsewhere. I thought it was rather entertaining, not to the Yellowstone or Ozark level, but not bad.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've watched it from the beginning and like it enough. I loved Ellen Barkin in it and now just waiting to see how it wraps up.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m all the way through to the current episode. It’s kinda silly at times but entertaining enough. Wonder how it’s all going to end. I have a few ideas.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a lot of friends recommend it.. finally trying to get into it.. on season 1 episode 4 but its getting to be a lot of the same thing every episode...

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've followed each season since watching the Aussie series. Great adaption and I'm wondering how things will turn out for the "family" at the end here. Gotta say this: The "old" (young) Smurf sure is a LOT hotter than the Smurf portrayed by Ellen Barkin. Of course, she put a lot of miles during those decades and that would be expected.

I think the actors playing the younger versions of these characters were well chosen and had the mannerisms down pat, even if they didn't fully look like their older counterparts. These characters (all of them) are quite believable considering the backgrounds they came from. Lots of innuendo to be interpreted and I think that's a good decision on the part of the writers.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
One more to go.
Next week is going to be a train wreck of characters.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finished season 5 tonight. Reckless as ever! Big Grin

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
One more to go.

I'm hoping the brother's aren't as trusting as they seem to be and there will be a twist.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
One more to go.

I'm hoping the brother's aren't as trusting as they seem to be and there will be a twist.

Yep, I wonder what Jay’s really up to? It seems obvious but……

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:

Yep, I wonder what Jay’s really up to? It seems obvious but……

You could see what Jay was going to do a mile away, knew he was going to try to steal everything.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay turned out to be a real little shit, eh?

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ended about how I expected. Unfortunate Pope got soft at the end.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I was really hoping it wouldn't end the way it did.

posted Hide Post
Not crazy about how they ended it-

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you guys remember when J told smurf he was going take away everything that she loved? He tried.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alyron:
Not crazy about how they ended it-

Me neither, I wish Jay would got his - he was despicable and needed to get hurt.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
couldn't get into it. Seemed silly. I miss "The Shield" Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just started watching the last season on Prime.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finally finished it. I can't say I hated the ending. They were all bad people and they all suffered.