SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    HVAC help, CP Heater question wire hook up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
HVAC help, CP Heater question wire hook up Login/Join 
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4572 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
No idea but here is your image. Maybe a little more info in your post and ask for it to be moved to the lounge.
 
Posts: 5184 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks trying to get the image hosting the poster, but it won’t



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4572 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Oops



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4572 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4572 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks admin, Please move this to the lounge if you can, otherwise no worries. The question for this heater unit has to do with the yellow wires on top. The wire that is crossed under the contact went in horizontally underneath the contact that is screwed down as I can best figure and is only way it fits, the plastic piece fits above the the contacts, but does not click down and lock in, the contacts are springy and there is a post underneath that can be pushed up by a button on the bottom which I am assuming is like a solenoid.

I was going to put it together and tape it down with that work or do I need to do something else? Thanks



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4572 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like a limit switch for the heater which is the aux heater in a AC unit.

Similar to this one the image being from the bottom side

https://www.partstown.com/inte...-products/icp1183810

If so, then I'd just order a new limit switch and replace that one, it looks a little crusty.
 
Posts: 28567 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks, yes that’s it. This ordeal began with a busted blower motor. Ordered one and in replacing that I had to add a squirrel cage fan because the old one was fused to the dead motor shaft. Tried all the hacks even bought a fan puller/pusher tool to no avail.

New cage came today and it’s back together and working after a week without AC which sucked (Florida, so, yeah).

I’ll worry about the heater part later if needed. Usually only use the heat for maybe 30 or so days in the course of the “winter”.



“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.


 
Posts: 4572 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    HVAC help, CP Heater question wire hook up

© SIGforum 2026