SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    rewatched The Foreigner (2017) on netflix...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rewatched The Foreigner (2017) on netflix... Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
The pain you see in Jackie Chan's facial expressions has got to be real. Saw this at the theater Oct 2017 and liked it a lot. Rewatching it / streaming it is a great experience. This may turn out to be another Ronin like action film that I revisit now and again.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I watched this week. I generally liked it. I thought Jackie did pretty well, especially for his age. More serious / somber than his usual stuff when he was younger.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd forgotten about this one, I remember the trailers on TV & wanting to see it. Will have to look it up.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting about this movie. So good, I stayed off the board for a couple hours. Thanks again!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I watched it again recently. I'd forgotten that I'd seen it before, a year or two ago, but it was far better again than most of the tripe on the air, so I watched it again. And Chan is less a comic book hero in this, but more a true, grim, dire force to be reckoned with.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
The pain you see in Jackie Chan's facial expressions has got to be real...
, like when he flips that guy over backwards and lands on the stairs one floor below. ouch.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Question. Hot knife cauterize scene. Why do that standing up?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks for mentioning the movie, f2. My wife and I just finished watching it and really enjoyed it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
When Jackie's character takes a photo of Pierce Brosnan meeting w/ his mistress and texts it to him, how did Jackie get Pierce Brosnan's cell phone number?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I really liked the book ("The Chinaman") until the last 10 pages.

As a result, I liked the movie much better than the book.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My folks are visiting and we just watched it the other night. Being as my mother is from Belfast and lived through some of the troubles, she particularly enjoyed it.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post