SIGforum
rewatched The Foreigner (2017) on netflix...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3940030764

February 28, 2020, 04:09 AM
f2
rewatched The Foreigner (2017) on netflix...
The pain you see in Jackie Chan's facial expressions has got to be real. Saw this at the theater Oct 2017 and liked it a lot. Rewatching it / streaming it is a great experience. This may turn out to be another Ronin like action film that I revisit now and again.
February 28, 2020, 02:08 PM
konata88
I watched this week. I generally liked it. I thought Jackie did pretty well, especially for his age. More serious / somber than his usual stuff when he was younger.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
February 28, 2020, 02:57 PM
P250UA5
I'd forgotten about this one, I remember the trailers on TV & wanting to see it. Will have to look it up.

The Enemy's gate is down.
February 28, 2020, 08:30 PM
recoatlift
Thank you for posting about this movie. So good, I stayed off the board for a couple hours. Thanks again!
February 28, 2020, 09:10 PM
fpuhan
I watched it again recently. I'd forgotten that I'd seen it before, a year or two ago, but it was far better again than most of the tripe on the air, so I watched it again. And Chan is less a comic book hero in this, but more a true, grim, dire force to be reckoned with.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
February 29, 2020, 12:33 AM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
The pain you see in Jackie Chan's facial expressions has got to be real...
, like when he flips that guy over backwards and lands on the stairs one floor below. ouch.
February 29, 2020, 02:25 AM
konata88
Question. Hot knife cauterize scene. Why do that standing up?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
March 01, 2020, 09:32 PM
ensigmatic
Thanks for mentioning the movie, f2. My wife and I just finished watching it and really enjoyed it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
March 02, 2020, 10:26 AM
iron chef
When Jackie's character takes a photo of Pierce Brosnan meeting w/ his mistress and texts it to him, how did Jackie get Pierce Brosnan's cell phone number?
March 02, 2020, 11:09 AM
jsbcody
I really liked the book ("The Chinaman") until the last 10 pages.

As a result, I liked the movie much better than the book.
March 03, 2020, 01:52 PM
Rev. A. J. Forsyth
My folks are visiting and we just watched it the other night. Being as my mother is from Belfast and lived through some of the troubles, she particularly enjoyed it.