SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Guitar Player or Collector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guitar Player or Collector Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted
Joe Bonamassa "I serve two masters".

I quit playing the guitar in Jr. High late sixties and always regretted it.
But I still have a great respect for the instrument and the music that follows.
However, watching vids like this and Rick Beato brings back a lot of the great history, music and keeps me in deep appreciation for those who followed through.
Additionally, love the respect and appreciation showed for the old equipment.

You can tell JB's love for the old guitars and his playing speaks for itself.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
An excellent Beato video is: What Makes This Song Great EP 71 Boston, where he deconstructs the song by Boston "More Than A Feeling." It really is quite excellent!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I watched about 2/3 of it and loved it. Have to leave, so I’ll catch the rest later. We’ve seen Joe twice. The first time my wife was just as blown away as I was. He might have been touring Blues of Desperation , a great album and a great performance. We saw him again within the last year. Neither one of us liked it as well. Not as much Blues, more…Rock I guess. Following a trend I’ve experienced a lot, the instruments were good, but the vocals were dimed and really glassy. Hurt to hear them and couldn’t make out the lyrics. He seems like a good guy, his banter with the audience is light, funny, and engaging. Great band. He’s been touring with one of my all-time favorite bass players, Michael Rhodes. Reece Wynans plays keyboards for him, and in case you’ve forgotten, he played in Double Trouble with Stevie.

Posts: 13257 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Lex played. I'm not sure there's anything he can't do.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post