SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Once again, I'm bearing sad news: Dwayne Hickman passes.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once again, I'm bearing sad news: Dwayne Hickman passes. Login/Join 
posted
Age 87. For those of us who watched Dobie Gillis in syndication, etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/n...partandhp&li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I remember.
RIP

Posts: 22851 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
RIP

Always liked the show and Maynard G. Krebs was a favorite character.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Dwayne Hickman movie double feature here last night; "Ski Party" and "How To Stuff A Wild Bikini", two of the beach/bikini movies in vogue about 1965. There he was, almost 30, in college kid roles (just like Frankie Avalon, too).

posted Hide Post
BTW Obnoxious Zelda is still alive. Was a Calfornia representative.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Tuesday Weld, who played Thalia is still kicking around too, at 78.

posted Hide Post
Just saw a very young Hickman in an episode of Wagon Train on OldPeople TV. RIP

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15998 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"Dobie Gillis" deserved more recognition, it was really a pretty special show in many ways.

RIP Dwayne Hickman

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just saw a very young Hickman in an episode of Wagon Train on OldPeople TV. RIP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yoop is a little slow in their broadcasting. I hear there will be a TV show called Gunsmoke and also Yancy Derringer in the Fall previews. BTW one of the best ole time shows is Groucho Marx in You Bet Your Life. Quick thinking sarcastic one liners all day long. Timeless really.

Posts: 17170 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tuesday Weld, who played Thalia is still kicking around too, at 78.

Years ago we were fans of Pinchas Zukerman, director of the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, who was married to Eugenia, a talented flautist. Shortly after we left the Twin Cities in the mid-80's, we heard that Pinchas had left Eugenia and married--Tuesday Weld.
Flabbergasted.

Posts: 18011 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Putzing around on YouTube last night, the reunion movie from 1988 "Bring Me the Head of Dobie Gillis" popped up as a recommendation. I watched about half of it, found it fairly lighthearted.
Spoiler Alert: he married Zelda!

https://youtu.be/M5I9i1lFheY