SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Series Finale of NCIS LA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Series Finale of NCIS LA Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I use to like this show, but quit watching several years ago when Nell and her computer geek boyfriend left and were replaced by more PC characters.

I may watch the last 2 hours, just depending on how bad it is.

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Is it ending for good?
I quit watching long ago and only watched the original NCIS.
None of the other knock offs were anything close to the original especially when Gibbs was around.

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I used to watch NCIS LA less regularly than NCIA. I dropped off when they were pushing the Heddy character has having some super duper ninja skills. I also noticed swapping out the girl with the elf-like ears for PC characters.

I dropped off watching NCIS when Gibbs left. I only watch it on DVR when I have nothing else to watch.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is ending for good. Last nights and next weeks shows are the last. Callin is supposed to be getting married.

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I think both NCIS LA and NCIS are in their death throes and have been for the past couple years. NCIS might hang on for another year, but NCIS LA is done.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2071 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I was a BIG fan of L.A. when it first came out. Started to go south for me when Deeks and Kensey officially became an item.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We still watch NCIS and we did watch NCIS NO untill they were done. Watched the first episode of NCIS Hawaii but once they introduced the gay couple I was done.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
No fears, NCIS Australia is on the way.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Regular NCIS definitely coasting on fumes, I give it another year maybe two before they pull the plug. So many of the storylines don’t even involve things NCIS should even be involved with at this point.

IMO it’s falling into the same trap like that show “The Unit”. The first couple of years dealt with strictly Army matters and plotlines. Then they started going down this crazy cloak and dagger James Bond crap path and it just got silly.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We watched it weekly until it got just plain stupid. Dumb plotlines and dumb, PC actors. I prefer a test pattern.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I watched the final just for closure. SPOILER ALERT:

Hetty didn't get to make an appearance but she did do a read over. the girl with the elf ears got to come back as supposedly leading an international group now which the two main characters are being recruited into. They let the leading man's son do a cameo in the last scene.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I watched the final just for closure. SPOILER ALERT:

<SNIP> The girl with the elf ears…

That made me laugh out loud! I was glad to see a Nel appearance - I just read that LL Cool J (Sam) is going to begin appearing on NCIS Hawaii.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go again. NCIS Sydney Sum it up in one word - boring. All the usual PC characters.

Some nice shots of the opera house and bridge though

Posts: 763 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Here we go again. NCIS Sydney Sum it up in one word - boring. All the usual PC characters.

Some nice shots of the opera house and bridge though

They’ve managed to Walking Dead this entire series Roll Eyes

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Here we go again. NCIS Sydney

Enough already .... but I still watched because nothing else was on. Frown

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

but I still watched because nothing else was on.

I find that hard to believe in this day and age of streaming platforms. We have more content than ever before!

Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Pure fantasy T.V. If there are any NCIC people out there who want to school me, I apologize and am open to what they have to say.

In my experience, NCIC would occasionally come to our Police Dept. asking for help in cases. I asked the question if they didn't have all the fancy people and computer and lab stuff they show on TV. No they did not and these Agents found the TV show to be an embarrassment.

I had to do an on-base interview of a Marine. Their building was nice but my interview room was quite literally a storage closet.

And now NCIS, Sydney? Am I missing something? Does the U.S. have that many ships and personnel in Australia that they can come up with so many things to T.V. about?

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1365 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I wish I could type upside down to tell you what I think about NCIS Sydney.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I only watched it a few times. Watching almost any TV show or movie requires a little bit of suspension of disbelief, but this one needed too much. Implausible, unbelievable and not particularly likable plots and characters.

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

but I still watched because nothing else was on.

I find that hard to believe in this day and age of streaming platforms. We have more content than ever before!

Maybe so but I am finding a LOT of cheap foreign overdubbed crap via streaming.
Also Prime is inundating their selection with ad-laden FreeVee shows.
Seems like every streamer is now offering a high percentage of other-streamer-shows, all for a price of course trying to get you to subscribe.
Streaming ain't the golden gem it used to be. Frown