SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Judith Durham of the Seekers passed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judith Durham of the Seekers passed Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted
I was enjoying the 60's and 70's music thread, specifically kkina's post on the Seekers. The Aussie pop quartet of I'll Never Find Another You and Georgy Girl fame among others. Tragically I see where Judith Durham passed yesterday.

Link

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
She had a beautiful singing voice. I grew up listening to her back in the 60s. May she rest in peace.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Oh my. One of the finest voices of all time. I think of her as the Karen Carpenter of Australia. Goodbye, Georgy Girl.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Crap, sorry to read this.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really liked them, back in the day. Hadn't heard those hits in quite some time. Thanks for the linkks.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely, the finest female voice out of Australia in my lifetime!

In requiem, perhaps someone will kindly post a link to the Seekers "Just a Closer Walk With Thee"
(Don't know how with a Chromebook).

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Also in a spiritual vein...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post