New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cunk on Earth Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
Series on Netflix I stumbled across tonight. Watched the first two episodes. I haven't laughed this continuously for a long time. Check it out if you get a chance.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I saw it and added to my watch list. Now I’m looking forward to seeing it.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Episode 1 starts a little slow but then becomes side splitting hilarious. Just completed episode two. It is a little sacrilegious, but I would say not vulgar. It too was very funny. I'll watch the rest of it tomorrow.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, liking this series. She’s funny and also starred in After Life with Ricky Gervais, which is also very good.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes.

Amazing. A comedy show that actually has clever jokes, delivered with the intent to make people laugh.

Beats the heck out of almost everything on Comedy Central… which has no comedy in its programming.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The experts go along with it. They were prepped on expectations beforehand? Some seemed surprised at the stupid questions / comments but then went w/ the flow. Funny.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I discovered her on the YouTube a few months ago. So glad I stumbled across her brilliant work. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Some good laughs in E2. But I don't think she answered the question she posed at the beginning. I was really looking forward to the answer. Or may be she did and I missed it? B vs K - which is better and why?

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
"The mummies of Scooby-Doo fame"

Big Grin

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Some good laughs in E2. But I don't think she answered the question she posed at the beginning. I was really looking forward to the answer. Or may be she did and I missed it? B vs K - which is better and why?

As far as I can tell that was never answered.

-----------------------

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed this so far. The people being interviewed and supposedly giving expert opinions seem extremely uncomfortable which of course is part of the shtick. They do exabit a lot of patience. I was expecting one of them to get up, call her an idiot and walk off. This may have happened and was cut.

I liked the scene where she gets a body massage fully dressed with a coat and overcoat on apparently because she's shy.

The comedy puts me in mind of Borat.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
The comedy puts me in mind of Borat.

Borat, Dave Barry and Michael G. Scott all in one. Razz

-----------------------

Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I watched the final episode last night. Among other things, she discussed the Cube and Missile Crisis. Big Grin

-----------------------

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
First rate comedy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
In regards to the Soviet space dog shot into space:

Cunk with a happy inquiring grin: "What happened to Laika? I expect they gave her a bone and a rub on the tummy when she got back."

UK National Space Academy Professor: "Well unfortunately, Laika never made it back because shortly after launch she overheated and passed away..."

Cunk with a horrified expression: "You're fucking joking!"

Some damn good comedy in this show. She's pretty rough on America's history, but I'm laughing all the same.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30298 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post