SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Any anime fans on the site?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any anime fans on the site? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Live action Cowboy Bebop hitting Netflix mid-November.
Early teaser trailers were not confidence inspiring, but this (first 'official' trailer looks better).
Appears they're re-doing some of the original series, rather than new storylines. Hopeful it turns out well.

They're attempting to make Fae (Fay?) into a female version of Spike, which is REALLY going to do her character an injustice. She wasn't a gunslinging fighter for a reason. She helped create some balance for the crew. Making her a strong-empowered fighter is going to suck.

I hope they don't do that but the comments by the actress and crew seem to indicate they completely misunderstood Fay's character and motivations.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Early teaser trailers were not confidence inspiring, but this (first 'official' trailer looks better).
Appears they're re-doing some of the original series, rather than new storylines. Hopeful it turns out well.

They're attempting to make Fae (Fay?) into a female version of Spike, which is REALLY going to do her character an injustice. She wasn't a gunslinging fighter for a reason. She helped create some balance for the crew. Making her a strong-empowered fighter is going to suck.

I hope they don't do that but the comments by the actress and crew seem to indicate they completely misunderstood Fay's character and motivations.

Hoping it works out & they keep to the spirit of the original.

Was doing the math earlier & looks like they can just about fit the whole original series run into the Netflix live-action.

Original run was 26 episodes, average of about 24 minutes per. 625 minutes or so.
Netflix will be 10 1-hour episodes, so 600 minutes.

As long as they don't introduce new stuff to it, it's doable, with minimal cutting out from the original run.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Okay I just saw the full trailer and it has promise. I'm not sure they'll be able to keep the tone of the Anime, but it looks like they're trying.

Some episodes I hope translate well to the series, and should be required viewing before you watch the live-action version:

- Gateway Shuffle
- Sympathy for the Devil
- Toys in the Attic
- Pierrot le Fou

Shit. They're all damn good.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm going to have to rewatch the Anime prior to the live-action, IIRC the Anime is available on Hulu.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'm going to have to rewatch the Anime prior to the live-action, IIRC the Anime is available on Hulu.

It’s also now on Netflix.

And on DVD on my shelf. Looking forward to this.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

From the trailer, all the scenes not involving Fae feel a lot like the anime. Whenever Fae is on, I don't know what I'm watching.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

From the trailer, all the scenes not involving Fae feel a lot like the anime. Whenever Fae is on, I don't know what I'm watching.

I think Cho pulls off the Spike look well, Mustafa is a bit thin for Jet IMO.
My coworker, whose never seen the anime, thought Cho's fight scenes in the trailer didn't look natural, like an actual experienced fighter.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Needs to have less yap and more Swordfish. Wink

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post