SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Follow the zany antics of our combat surgeons as they cut and stitch their way along the front lines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Follow the zany antics of our combat surgeons as they cut and stitch their way along the front lines Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
operating as bombs and bullets burst around them; snatching laughs and love between amputations and penicillin.

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Stop that sun-of-a-bitch, he just stole my Jeep".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Look, mother, I want to go to work in one hour. We are the Pros from Dover and we figure to crack this kid's chest and get out to golf course before it gets dark. So you go find the gas-passer and you have him pre-medicate this patient. Then bring me the latest pictures on him. The ones we saw must be 48 hours old by now. Then call the kitchen and have them rustle us up some lunch.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Robert Altman hated the TV series. He said something to the effect of the TV series' producers made the show into everything the movie was not.

Posts: 107597 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
Robert Altman hated the TV series. He said something to the effect of the TV series' producers made the show into everything the movie was not Dr. H. Richard Hornberger the author of the book felt the same way, especially Alan Alda's version of Hawkeye.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Robert Altman hated the TV series. He said something to the effect of the TV series' producers made the show into everything the movie was not.

That might explain why I recall thinking the movie was great, but I absolutely hated the series--particularly Alan "Smarmy" Alda

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:
Dr. H. Richard Hornberger the author of the book felt the same way, especially Alan Alda's version of Hawkeye.

Hornberger used the pseudonym Hooker for his book, the Hawkeye character based on him and his experiences in Korea.

quote:
He hated the anti-war sentiments ascribed to him by the public. In 1983 he told a reporter for Newsweek that while the show was accurate in its physical portrayal of a MASH unit, it “tramples on my memories.” And his son, William Hornberger, told the New York Times that his father hadn’t intended to write an anti-war book. “My father was a political conservative, and he did not like the liberal tendencies that Alan Alda portrayed Hawkeye Pierce as having,” he explained.

https://www.history.com/news/w...ye-pierce-hated-mash

Another quote from Hornberger regarding the TV series
quote:
He said: “No one in their right mind would be pro-war but I ­operated on 1,000 or so wounded kids and I know more about war than a bunch of under-educated actors who go around ­blithering those sanctimonious, self-righteous noises.”

“If you’re going to start a war, you might as well play to win.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/t...ed-anti-war-22340438

BTW, I loved Altman's film.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
MASH the TV series was okay at first but got pretty predictable and lame at the end.... and I agree, nothing like the Movie. Altman was a genius at throwing a lot at you at one time.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Uh...COL, fayuh is fayuh. If I nail Hotlips and punch Hawkeye, can I go home?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post