SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    West Side Story remake is woke crap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Side Story remake is woke crap Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
'Most woketard thing I've ever witnessed': 'West Side Story' hammered for politics

fta - "Here you have a classic piece of Americana, a beloved property, an iconic chunk of our shared culture that not only won ten Oscars, including Best Picture but is also still beloved; and like some superior, smug jerk straight out of Orwell's 1984, Spielberg decides he needs to correct something that, by any moral measure, does not need correcting...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8354 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
The original West Side Story isn't really original in the first place. It's based on Romeo & Juliet. An argument can be made that it culturally appropriated the work of some dead white guy named Shakespeare, gave it a modern Latino twist, and called it original work. SHAME!!! Mad

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I did not expect this kind of honesty from the New Yorker…

Review: Steven Spielberg’s “West Side Story” Remake Is Worse Than the Original

In revising the musical drama for modern sensibilities, Spielberg makes misguided additions and removes much of what’s best.

———-

A rich and famous artist spends a hundred million dollars to revive a corpse with the blood of young people. The creature is still alive, but barely, and the infusion leaves it deader than when it started. This is not the plot of the latest horror film from A24 but the unfortunate tale of Steven Spielberg’s efforts to remake “West Side Story,” the movie musical about love and ethnic rivalry among New York City gangs. With the screenwriter Tony Kushner, Spielberg has attempted to fix the dubious aspects of the 1961 film, including its cavalier depiction of Puerto Rican characters and its stereotypes of a hardscrabble New York. But, instead of reconceiving the story, they’ve shored it up with flimsy new struts of sociology and psychology, along with slight dramatic rearrangements. They’ve made ill-conceived additions and misguided revisions. In the process, they’ve managed to subtract doubly from the original

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12339 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Pinche Gringo!

(Asshole) Wink

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12127 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I now have a few rules when it comes to movies.

1. Don't go to the Movie theater.
2. Watch at home with my hand holding the remote so I can quickly turn it off at the first signs of WOKENESS!

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
11 days after its debut, playing on 2,820 screens, it’s taken in $17,982,021. With initial costs of $200 million, this one’s a bust & rightfully so..

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post