Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beekeeper Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It’s true. Looks like the PC is an IBM 5150 and the monitor is an IBM 5151. We used on of each in the early 90s as a print server on our Novell network. I only remember the numbers because of Van Halen.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night and thought it was ok escapism. It was either that or 90 day batchelorette.

But other than a few over the top things, it was nice to see that someone recognized call centers and scams as a plague.

It should be a policy that we use our best resources to hunt them down and eliminate them all. After all our military could use some real training ops that had positive outcomes.

Posts: 53770 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Watched last night I recognized it for what it was. Was mildly amused and entertained by it.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
The wardrobe change under the truck would make Eathan Hunt proud. Big Grin

Posts: 3594 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
It’s true. Looks like the PC is an IBM 5150 and the monitor is an IBM 5151. We used on of each in the early 90s as a print server on our Novell network. I only remember the numbers because of Van Halen.

I think the Beekeepers organization look and feel is inspired by the John Wick High Table organization’s retro vibe. The Beekeeper is a successful film so I imagine there will be a sequel that will expand on the Beekeepers organization back story, the way they did in the Wick series.

Mild Spoilers below:

I’m making the above assumptions from the dialog where Jeremy Irons’ character says “… the Beekeepers have decided to remain neutral…” The movie’s general vibe was that you don’t order the Beekeepers to do stuff. They are autonomous.

The current Beekeeper they send to neutralize the situation didn’t seem very tough or skilled. She was just a psycho.

Posts: 1278 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I’m certain I would have enjoyed it more if I was 14. The movie was ridiculous. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4863 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
I’m certain I would have enjoyed it more if I was 14. The movie was ridiculous. Big Grin

Yup. It was mindless entertainment, but my Bullshit Meter took an awful beating...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15482 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post