New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Beekeeper Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Ex-SpecOps dude vs. phishing call center. Been waiting for something like this. January 12 only in theaters...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16871 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Looks good, problem is now I don't feel like I need to see it because I just watched it.

Maybe I'm just jaded from a lifetime of movie trailers?

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
It’s a fun movie. No brain cell was harmed or involved watching this movie.

Most enjoyable time waster. He won’t be getting an Oscar any time soon. The plot escalates from a scammer to unpredictable heights.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12258 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

Most enjoyable time waster. He won’t be getting an Oscar any time soon. The plot escalates from a scammer to unpredictable heights.

0-0

I couldn't agree with you more.

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 99 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Spoiler alert!!!

There's bees...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44441 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Does he get free bees?

Posts: 28632 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

0-0

Yes. And the son of the President is beyond compare when it comes to arrogance and stupidity.

Posts: 777 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mrs.BurtonRW and I were ready for a mindless popcorn flick. Statham’s fight scenes did not disappoint (except for the expected one-at-a-time attacks and storm trooper-like accuracy from folks trying to shoot him).

However, the rest of the film in every conceivable way was a steaming pile of crap, IMHO. Bad casting, bad characters, thoroughly unbelievable everything. The big non-twist because you’d have to be blind not to have picked up on it an hour earlier.

Yeah… I’m DEFINITELY glad we didn’t purchase this one.

And the whole bee thing. Extremely shoehorned into every line where bees were discussed.

I wouldn’t call this an enjoyable film, and I like plenty of cheap / low budget stuff.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16310 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it but I'm not a film critic, just a guy who watches movies. Eek

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
Just watched it on Prime. Great, mindless shoot-em-up.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was expecting him to throw a big hornet nest into the call center. It would have been much better than two cans of gasoline.

Posts: 1132 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked it a lot. Just what I expected from a Jason Statham movie. Nice kills and a good body count.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9415 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Worse than mindless. Just plain dumb. Not fun dumb.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108990 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If only scammer call centers could be dealt with in a similar fashion, the world would be a better place. JMHO, YMMV.

Posts: 519 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Watched it with the family last night. The two teens loved the action. I thought it was a good mindless action flick.

Posts: 2348 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My Wife and I watched it last night, we both enjoyed it.
An easy watch.

Posts: 4687 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It’s like The Mechanic with bees.

Posts: 11590 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Spoiler alert!!!

There's bees...

The movie has a lot of buzz about it.

It was mindless fun playing off the vicarious thrill of going rambo on scammer call centers.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20010 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
When Clay calls the beekeepers to find out where the call center is, notice the computer the woman is using? It looks like the same original IBM PC I bought back in the 1980s, complete with CRT monitor.

Posts: 9245 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post